ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - ERCOT
CPower Energy Management Roseland, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for an Account Executive (based in Dallas or Midland, Texas) that will continue and enhance sales program and help CPower maintain its role as a leader in the energy management industry.
The Account Executive would focus primarily on selling demand response, energy management and ADR services to commercial, industrial and institutional customers. Identifies opportunities through multiple channels, cultivating and maintaining relationships with commercial/institutional/industrial/oil and gas facility personnel, energy brokers and consultants, providers of energy efficiency, automation, and distributed energy solutions. We are looking for candidates in Texas who will manage enrollment of Demand Response programs into the Independent System Operator (ISO) responsible for electricity grid reliability. That entity is known as ERCOT (Electric Reliability Council of Texas).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow and develop through prospecting of New Logos and expansion of existing customers sales pipeline with potential MW’s for enrollment targeted with consistent exceeding of sales quota objectives. Actively manages prospect pipeline in the CRM, updating status, projected enrollment, probability to close, close date and other key elements to ensure proper priority setting and management visibility.
- Interfaces with customer and sales partners, including executive officers, energy and sustainability managers, operations and facility managers and their staffs and customer legal representatives for purposes developing and executing demand response participation agreements.
- Provides solutions to customer problems. Possess the ability to assess business issues/problems (energy spend reduction, sustainability goal achievement, reliability, efficiency improvement) and presents options to address the issues that results in a beneficial long-term agreement.
- Educates and collaborates with the customer and sales partners to identify the optimum program/solution to fit the unique business conditions presented while achieving CPower’s revenue and margin objectives.
- Achieves sales quota for both new and renewal business. Closes business and leads downstream Operations handoffs to ensure timely enrollment in contracted programs. Interfaces regularly with Operations with internal Account Management to maintain customer performance and help insure subsequent contract renewal and/or expansion of business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (internally and externally). Possess strong listening skills.
- Strong presentation development and delivery skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and CPower CRM systems
- Ability to work effectively with operations and customer management personnel
- Able to maintain consistent customer follow up and manage multiple sales opportunities simultaneously, including the ability to prioritize and communicate needs internally.
- Customer focused. Strong sense of urgency regarding addressing customer related issues.
- Complete knowledge of regional programs and products and understanding of energy market structure with adherence to market rules emphasized.
- 7-10 years of business to business and/or consultative selling or 5 years energy related selling experience.
- Ideal candidate has experience selling building management systems or controls automation, especially automation and controls in the oil and gas space.
- 4 year technical or business degree preferred.
Unique opportunity to work at a successful, growing company with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We focus heavily on developing our employees and linking successes to our core values. CPower offers a great benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, vacation, etc. CPower’s leadership prides itself on maintaining a rewarding culture, and always striving to offer a great team-member experience.
CPower is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
CPower Energy Management
BusinessView all jobs at CPower Energy Management