ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, NATIONAL (Retail/Distribution)
CPower Energy Management Roseland, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive to join our National Sales Team and focus on the supply chain distribution and national retail industry verticals. Our National Sales Team supports Distributed Energy Resource (DER) solutions such as deregulated Independent System Operators (ISO) demand response programs, a growing list of regulated utility programs, energy efficiency credits, and evolving storage and renewable monetization. Our National Account Executives can live anywhere within the United States.
Our team of National Account Executives focuses primarily on selling demand response, energy management services, energy efficiency credits, Automated Demand Response (ADR) services, and other DER monetization solutions to commercial, industrial, and institutional customers that have multi-state and multi-market operations. CPower National Account Executives identify opportunities through multiple channels, cultivating and maintaining relationships with the end-use commercial/institutional/industrial facility personnel, energy brokers and consultants, providers of energy efficiency, automation and distributed energy solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline of C&I customers and opportunities that is three to four times the sales quota objective. Actively manage prospect pipeline in the CRM, updating status, projected enrollment, probability to close, close date and other key elements to ensure proper priority setting and management visibility.
- Interface with customer and sales partner personnel, including executive officers, energy and sustainability managers, operations and facility managers and their staff and customer legal representatives for purposes of developing and executing demand response participation contracts in deregulated energy markets and utility demand response programs
- Provide solutions focused on energy to customers’ business problems. Possess the ability to assess business and energy related issues/problems (energy spend, sustainability goal achievement, reliability, efficiency improvement) and present options to address the issues that result in a beneficial long-term agreement.
- Educate and collaborate with the customer and sales partners to identify the optimal energy program/solution mix to fit the unique business conditions presented while achieving CPower’s revenue and margin objectives.
- Achieve sales quota for both new and expansion business. Closes business and leads downstream operations handoffs to ensure timely enrollment in contracted programs. Interfaces regularly with operations and internal account management to maintain customer performance and help insure subsequent contract renewal and/or expansion of business.
- Must have energy, energy efficiency, and/or distributed energy resource related sales experience within the supply chain distribution and national retail industry vertical.
- Established network of contacts across broad management stakeholders and vendors with a focus on distribution centers and national retail facilities.
- Demonstrated development and implementation of energy solutions with key distribution/retail customers and industry partners.
- Experience with Demand Response (DR) programs. Working knowledge of energy markets, and the power/utilities industry.
- Effective communicator in speaking engagements, formal sales presentations, one-on-one sales calls, internal meetings, and in print.
- Possesses strong listening skills.
- Ability to work effectively with operations and customer management personnel
- Organized and analytical. Maintains consistent customer follow up, able to manage multiple activities at the same time, and able to communicate complex information in an understandable way.
- Dedicated team player with interpersonal skills enabling easy integration into a fast moving, hard-working team.
- Strong ethical character that operates in a highly visible, diverse, and collegial environment.
- Customer focused. Strong sense of urgency regarding addressing customer related issues.
- 7-10 years of strategic business to business and/or consultative selling or 5 years energy (electricity/utility) related selling experience.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM systems
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working in any of the North American deregulated power markets (PJM, NE-ISO, NYISO, ERCOT, MISO, SPP, and CAISO) is a plus
Unique opportunity to work at a successful, growing company with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We focus heavily on developing our employees and linking successes to our core values. CPower offers a great benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, vacation, etc. CPower’s leadership prides itself on maintaining a rewarding culture, and always striving to offer a great team-member experience.
CPower is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
CPower Energy Management
BusinessView all jobs at CPower Energy Management