Civil Engineer 1
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Status: Full Time
CPS, Ltd. is a civil engineering and land surveying firm located in Grand Forks, ND. The company was established in 1979 and serves North Dakota and Minnesota. The company’s primary business is related to transportation, municipal engineering, environmental engineering, and land surveying.
The Civil Engineer 1 position provides office and field assistance to project engineers in serving the engineering needs of municipalities, DOT’s, and private clients, which may include planning and developing plans for street and utility rehabilitation, new developments, and transportation related projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist project engineers in designs related to sanitary sewer collection and treatment, water distribution, stormwater, roadways, and site plans.
· Must be able to multi-task.
· Work as a project team member with CPS staff and subconsultants.
· Ability to work in field as project observer overseeing construction observation activities and compliance with construction documents.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
· Must be a self-starter with excellent organization skills.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET Accredited School.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Excellent verbal/written communications, time management, interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Display high level of initiative and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with clear expectations and timeliness.
· Proficient in the use of MS Word and MS Excel.
· Experience in Civil 3D and/or Microstation is preferred but not required.
Nature and Scope of Position:
· Regional travel.
· Ability to work in the field as a construction observer and/or project engineer.
· Required prolonged sitting with periodic walking, standing, bending, stopping and stretching.
· Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds or more.
· Requires a valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
· Salary is dependant upon qualifications and experience.
o Paid Time Off
o Extended Sick Time
o 7 Paid Holidays
o Parenting Leave
o Health Insurance
o Health Savings Account
o Life Insurance
o Long Term Disability
o Profit Sharing
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
308 2nd Avenue North
Grand Forks, ND 58203
For additional information on CPS, Ltd., please go to our website at www.cpsengineering.net