Computer Power Systems LLC is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) providing installation of structured cabling, access control and surveillance camera systems company based in Grayslake, IL. We have proudly been in existence for 35+ years in the low voltage cabling, video surveillance and access control industry. We install and provide systems for commercial and government (no residential). Additionally, we install and network CCTV surveillance systems, audio visual, noise masking systems and more.
Provide technical service and support to installed video surveillance, CCTV, intercom, access control systems, audio visual (A/V), etc. Provide excellent customer service and professionalism while setting up systems and demonstrating them to our commercial and government customers. Ability to troubleshoot, service and repair systems to assure customers satisfaction. Must be able to stay on task, drive responsibly and efficiently from location to location, work extended hours occasionally, and work some weekends when needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
CPS low voltage service technicians are responsible for servicing, troubleshooting, and programming of equipment for systems from basic audio/video installations to CCTV/security camera installations to controlled access systems.
- Responsible for installation, repairs, and testing of low voltage systems, Cat5/Cat6/a cables, fiber optic, copper network, terminations/splicing/fusion, security cameras, access control systems, camera systems.
- Install new control systems, troubleshoot, and/or repair of existing systems
- Assist with installation of cable trays, racks, and other support structures
- Installation of Cat 5, Cat 6 with knowledge of fiber optic cabling and terminations
- Capable of interpreting blue prints/sketches/architectural drawings
- Ability to work from ladders/lifts
- Ability to carry and move material
- Understand Access Controls systems such as Card Readers, Mag Locks, camera systems, and CCTV
- Display a professional appearance with the ability to interact and communicate in a professional and positive manner with customers
- Communicate project schedules and progress to customers
- Responsible for safe operation and maintenance of company equipment
- Assure all paperwork is completed at end of day or during course of day.
The following is required:
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
- Professional appearance and good communication skills.
- Manual labor: pulling wire, installing equipment, using drills, hand tools, working from ladders, working in small enclosed spaces such as wiring plants and trunks.
- Must be drug free and no criminal background.
- Must possess a clean driving record and Illinois state drivers license.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and an enjoyable personality.
- Be able to work in individual and team environments.
- Be self-disciplined, diligent, and have a strong work ethic.
- Customer-friendly attitude and a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to obtain and keep current PERC (Permanent Employee Registration) card.
- 3 years minimum experience
Qualifications and Skills
· 3 years Trade school or technical related experience in the field
· Should be proficient in multi-tasking and possess excellent organizational skills
· Must be able to work as a team or individually
· Must have a valid Driver’s License
· Must pass a drug screen and background check.
· Must be a problem solver!
Weekly Pay at competitive rates
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 / year
Competitive Medical / Dental / Vision
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
Required experience: 3 years
Required language: English
This is an incredible opportunity that has unlimited potential for growth. We want highly motivated and self-managing candidates only to apply.