- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Quality Engineer will be assigned to the Production and engineering team working cooperatively in a team environment to support the development of robust manufacturing processes and quality systems to support the companys growth in the industrial and military casting markets.
Quality system and problem-solving skills are essential to the job. Quality engineers will be required to: identify/define problems; perform root cause analysis, and support solution implementation to address problems that affect yield, rework, and overall quality of the product using a standardized approach (PDCA, Six Sigma, ). A developing leadership role in resolving cross-functional problems is required. Gather, interpret, and audit data to determine acceptance of product to customer specifications (internal and external). Knowledge and application of statistics are required to support these activities.
The candidate must be able to travel periodically to other CPP facilities, customers, and vendors to provide problem-solving and technical/audit support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, maintain, and advance CPP quality systems, procedures, and practices
- Able to interpret customer drawings, specifications, reports, and basic working knowledge of GD&T
- Communicate with customers to resolve/address quality system concerns/inquires
- Manage incoming material inspection process for return material, working with customer and in-house production team
- Perform internal calibrations and work in external calibrating agencies to maintain calibration schedule of various equipment.
- Perform necessary chemical and mechanical testing as and when required.
- Use problem-solving tools and techniques to increase profitability
- Routinely audit production lots for adherence to established techniques and to ensure the repeatability of the results
- Participation during customer/external audits including preparation, guidance, and closure
- Active participation in continuous improvement efforts
- Responsible for quality enforcement of the casting manufacturing process. Continuous improvement of process/product such that castings meet or exceed customer expectations
- Support the identification of process yield issues using various data analysis techniques (statistical, mathematical, DOE, 6 Sigma, etc.) to uncover variables in the process that are not maintained in a controlled fashion
- Generate quality shipment documentation including certificates of conformance and other quality audit checklists
- Drive closure of preventative/corrective actions, customer returns/inquires
- Manage resolution of non-conforming material/processes
- Coordinate with engineering and quality team applicable qualification documentation and data submittal packages
- Good written communication skills are required to develop internal job instructions
- Support Gage R&R studies, process capability, SPC, correlation, and other data related statistical activities
- Document quality work procedures and processes
- Work closely with other departments to ensure organizational objectives are achieved
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere with respect and communication in a professional manner
- Utilize basic engineering skills to approach problems analytically and derive sound conclusions
- Good verbal communication skills and can feel at ease communicating with customers and engineering groups
- Good verbal communications with all levels of CPP management and manufacturing
- Acquire additional certifications and credentials as required for work or career development
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
- Work on/participate in special projects as needed or assigned by Management
- BS in Engineering or 3-5 years of applicable experience (quality systems, and/or training)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), PC skills and program management skills
- Knowledge of quality systems, auditing practices, Lean Manufacturing
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and documentation skills
- The successful candidates career will show increasing levels of responsibility
- Motivated individual with data driven problem solving techniques.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of Inspection and Quality Controls methods, techniques and equipment.
Proficient computer skills, especially with MS Office.
Ability to read blue prints, use calipers, micrometers and tape measures.
Good understanding of customer products and acceptance criteria.
Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English; read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and product/material identifications.
Attention to details, excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and ability to meet deadlines.
Must have mathematical skill to add, subtract, and divide in all units of measure.
Effectively communicate with all departments, customer and vendors.
Wollaston Alloys Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) an industry-leading manufacturer of highly engineered components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial, military and industrial markets with small-to-large function critical products. CPP provides its customers with a total solution source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at:http://www.cppcorp.com/.
CPP offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, 401(k), vacation, personal time, paid holidays and life insurance.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
ManufacturingView all jobs at CPP- Boston