- Posted: over a month ago
Crown is the world leader in oil seed extraction technology, refining plants, and equipment serving global customers from its locations in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Our passion to deliver superior quality, superior-value processing systems and technologies made us a preferred partner to the agricultural industry and beyond.
- 401K Matching
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Financial Coaching
- Referral Program
The Operations Manager – Innovation Center is responsible for managing the operations staff, leading run operations and piloting activities in the Innovation Center while being a technical resource to piloting test work in preparation, extraction and liquids. This position works closely with the Tech. Manager – Innovation Center, Project Engineers – Piloting, Chemists, R&D Team, Business-Development Managers, Sales, Technical Managers, and other Engineers in the company to organize testing and research within the Innovation Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining a culture of “safety 1st” within the team while ensuring safe operation of the pilot plant and the safety of the employees by adhering to OSHA, PSM and all other guidelines.
- Manage and schedule operations team job assignments and follow-up based on run schedule and daily needs of the facility. While working together with the Project Engineers to determine priority and manpower needs.
- Ensure direct reports adhere to all safety, environmental, and operational policies and procedures.
- Execute on the plant schedule, infrastructure improvements, and required maintenance activities.
- Organizing and directing work for plant improvements and capital projects / installations.
- Optimize plant activities to improve efficiency, increase throughput, and grow revenue-generating capacity.
- Maintain a maintenance program for PMs, CMs, and inventory management of supplies and materials.
- Supervise / oversee necessary and regular housekeeping, clean-up, and required GMP protocols within the plant.
- Training and mentoring the pilot team in Crown processes, equipment, and operations
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 years or more of plant experience.
- Proficient in the following technical skills:
- Understanding of Safety Processes – Confined Space, Lock-out tag-out, Fall Protection, NFPA 36
- Capital Project Management for projects using Microsoft Project
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Deep knowledge of best safety practices and procedures for pilot plant operation
- Deep knowledge of Crown products and processes including Preparation, Extraction, Liquids, and Protein Concentrates.
- Plant environment approximately 80% of the time; some exposure to chemicals, hazardous materials, and noise. May work at heights, in confined spaces, and in inclement weather conditions.
- Experience in the food/feed industry, a plus.
- Self manages; takes initiative and able to collaborate across geographies and functions in a matrixed environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents, calculations, and test results.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Strong Microsoft office skills.
- General and working knowledge of PLC, HMI software, motors, and instrumentation.
- Effective at mentoring, training, and teaching team members on best practices, safety, process technology.
- Optimization methods to reduce cost, save time, and increase revenue.
- Display high integrity and ethics.
- Ability to be on-call while the plant is in operation.
- Must be able to communicate in English fluently. Ability to communicate in a second language – European or Asian languages preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel on need basis – domestically or internationally and up to 10% of the time.
CPM Acquisition Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. CPM Acquisition Corp. offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, and more.
Powered by JazzHR
CPM Holdings, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at CPM Holdings, Inc.