Sr. Architectural Project Manager/ Higher Ed. - Woodstock, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This role leads architectural teams with a positive attitude, coordinating higher education project efforts in order to ensure effective execution and achieve a timely, gainful completion.
Location: Woodstock, GA
WHO WE ARE
A leader in designing infrastructure that makes life better.
At CPL, we do work for the greater good. Our culture is rooted in helping others and we want to see our neighborhoods thrive. From hospitals, town halls, schools and universities to stadiums, houses, highways and bridges, we actively demonstrate what it means to be a full-service team.
We’re well-equipped to build cities from the ground up, and we deepen relationships by co-creating with our clients to bring their visions to life. We’re devoted to shaping an intentional environment that promotes professional development, camaraderie and fun, and as we continue to grow, we’ll need innovators like you to help us deliver powerful results.
THE SENIOR ARCHITECTURAL PROJECT MANAGER AT CPL
The Senior Architectural Project Manager serves as a specialty practice leader, overseeing higher education projects for private colleges and universities and participating in marketing pursuits and strategic planning to ensure advantageous outcomes for both CPL and our clients.
Reporting to a Principal, you participate in business development efforts to support increasing revenues, maximizing profitability by establishing and nurturing beneficial partnerships. You estimate fees, determine scopes of work, provide assistance throughout the proposal development and writing process and manage contracts for some of our most complex projects. Intellectually curious, you’re a motivated self-starter with a delivery-focused mindset, and you thrive when given an opportunity to truly “own” a project.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You have a thorough understanding of architectural design, detailing, codes and building material characteristics
- You have in-depth knowledge of industry standards and building codes, including mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) design
- You can collaborate productively with multidisciplinary team members, consultant groups and stakeholders on a variety of concurrent projects
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technically savvy, you’re highly proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam, the Microsoft Office Suite, the Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp
- You have a profound ability to comprehend and flesh out a client’s vision, implementing the factors necessary to achieve project success
- You earned a professional degree in architecture from an accredited institution and have at least twelve (12) years of related work experience – or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional licensure (RA) in Georgia is a major plus
- LEED – or a similar sustainability accreditation – is certainly preferred, but not required
- You have excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational and technical skills
- You utilize a strength-based approach to engage team members in their daily tasks, focusing on their capabilities rather than their weaknesses
- You know how to coach your team both independently and as a whole, inspiring enthusiasm and providing encouragement when needed
- You can establish short and long-term goals and create appropriate timelines for their completion, subsequently assigning specialized teams to accommodate related needs
- You can communicate effectively with internal and external personnel
- You can efficiently balance projects, teams, deadlines and budgets
- You have an aptitude for creative problem-solving, particularly in time-sensitive situations which require fast turnaround
- Oversee all aspects of larger-scale, complex projects, including leading a team and coordinating with internal/external design team members, specialty consultants, clients, construction managers, contractors and governing agencies
- Assist in project pursuits and marketing efforts to grow CPL’s business
- Suggest new ideas and processes, continuing to learn more about the latest industry developments relative to the higher education market sector
- Interpret, create and/or redefine CPL’s standards
- Work to build and enhance client relationships
- Oversee the management of internal finances, including billing, invoice generation and asset/resource allocation
- Serve as the daily contact for key internal and external project personnel, ensuring the resolution of project-related issues
- Plan, organize and regulate workload assignments as needed
- Lead and supervise the development of clear and complete drawings and specifications.
- Prepare coordinated design and construction documents to obtain governing agency permits and procure competitive bids from contractors for public works projects
- Provide leadership, mentoring and direct supervision to the project team, encompassing timesheet review, performance evaluation, education and professional development avenues
WHAT WE OFFER: CPL cares about your future with us! That’s why we offer the following benefits to you and your family:
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare for you and your family including spouse coverage: Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription insurances
- Paid Time Off to allow work-life balance
- Career Advancement & Mentorship Programs
- Retirement Savings Plan You will be automatically enrolled in the Company’s 401K and CPL matches $0.50 cents for every dollar you contribute up to 6%.
- Education/Tuition Assistance: You may be eligible for continuing education assistance
- Student Loan Assistance Program: CPL will contribute up to a maximum of $100 a month for 5 years ($6,000 total) towards student loan debt.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance Company/team member premium sharing. HSA Contribution CPL will match $0.50 cents for every dollar you contribute up to $900 for each team member and $1,800 per family to help cover medical, dental, & vision expenses. (for HDHP participants only)
- Flexible Spending Account $5,000 dependent childcare annually paid 100% by team member pre-taxes.
- FREE Life Insurance and AD+D Insurance with a policy benefit up to $50,000. Voluntary Life Insurance Seven times the annual salary (up to $500,000 for team member, $250,000 for spouse). 100% of the premium is paid by team member.
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance 60% of income benefit. 100% of the premium is paid by team member
CPL is proud to be not only an equal opportunity employer, but a diverse and motivating place to work. Visit our website (that’s cplteam.com) to see what we’re all about.
CPL Architects Engineers Landscape Arch & Sur
Get fresh Architectural Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.