Interior Designer II - Greensboro, NC
- Over a month ago
- $500,000 Yearly
Based out of a stunning new office that overlooks First National Bank Field (home of the Greensboro Grasshoppers, this role helps build better, more sustainable communities by developing conceptual interior design plans that evenly balance client visions, needs, wants and budgets.
WHO WE ARE
A leader in designing infrastructure that makes life better.
At CPL, we do work for the greater good. Our culture is rooted in helping others and we want to see our communities thrive. From hospitals, town halls, schools and universities, to stadiums, multifamily housing, and corporate workplace environments, we actively demonstrate what it means to be a full-service team.
We’re well-equipped to build cities from the ground up, and we deepen relationships by co-creating with our clients to bring their visions to life. We are devoted to shaping an intentional environment that promotes professional development, camaraderie and fun, and as we continue to grow, we will need like-minded innovators to help us deliver powerful results.
GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT SPACES
Every team deserves an environment that elevates and inspires. Our office in Greensboro, NC is both visually stunning and conducive to productivity, with ample natural lighting and expansive breakout spaces that promote co-creation between team members.
THE INTERIOR DESIGNER AT CPL
The Interior Designer II performs analyses, prepares plans, produces designs and compiles documentation for projects relating to interiors. You draft and detail interior elements – encompassing anything from reflected ceiling plans to annotated elevation and selections – and prepare 3D models.
Reporting to an Interior Designer Leader, you also conduct materials research, evaluation and selection, remaining mindful of project budgets, limitations and unique specifications. Always on the lookout for new and improved ways to exceed expectations, you keep our clients’ best interests at heart and serve as a trusted advisor and colleague, building mutually beneficial partnerships with internal and external teams and putting out fires when necessary.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You can prioritize critical tasks and meet deadlines on or ahead of schedule
- You have a profound ability to shift gears without losing ground
- You have succinct communication and presentation skills
- You are NCIDQ-certified, or on the path to certification
- You are or will soon be a Registered Interior Designer
- You’re proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, InDesign and Microsoft Office
- You have a foundational knowledge of FF&E, which you implement seamlessly
- You have a basic comprehension of building codes and inspection regulations related to interiors
- You earned a BS in interior design – or a related field – from an accredited institution
- You have at least five years of industry experience
- Additional applicable certifications and degrees are a major plus
- Understand and implement public health and safety codes, including accessibility and environmental guidelines
- Develop program and space planning during the schematic design and development processes
- Participate in field measurements, verifications and scanning of existing conditions
- Model 3D floor and reflected ceiling plans, interior elevations, detailing, schedules and finish documents
- Select FF&E to align with project requirements
- Develop physical and virtual presentations, including but not limited to renderings and video walkthroughs
- Endeavor to become familiar with manufacturer's sales representatives, maintain the interiors library and sample ordering
- Attend client meetings as necessary
- Perform construction administration and punch list review
WHAT WE OFFER: CPL cares about your future with us! That’s why we offer the following benefits to you and your family:
- Career Advancement & Mentorship Programs
- Competitive Salary
- Health & Wellness: Single plans with $0.00 premium cost and family plans including spouse coverage: Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription insurances.
- Flexible Time Off to allow work-life balance including 8 holidays a year.
- Retirement Savings Plan with CPL contribution
- Tuition Assistance: You may be eligible for continuing education assistance.
- Student Loan Assistance Program: CPL will contribute up to a maximum of $100 a month for 5 years ($6,000 total) towards student loan debt.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance Company/team member premium sharing. HSA Contribution CPL will match $0.50 cents for every dollar you contribute up to $900 for each team member and $1,800 per family to help cover medical, dental, & vision expenses. (For HDHP participants only)
- FREE Life Insurance and AD+D Insurance with a policy benefit up to $50,000. Voluntary Life Insurance Seven times the annual salary (up to $500,000 for team member, $250,000 for spouse). 100% of the premium is paid by team member.
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance 60% of income benefit. 100% of the premium is paid by team member
CPL is proud to be not only an equal opportunity employer, but a diverse and motivating place to work. Visit our website (that’s cplteam.com) to see what we’re all about.
CPL Architects Engineers Landscape Arch & Sur
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?