Interior Design Project Manager - Raleigh, NC
- Over a month ago
DESIGN PROJECT MANAGER
Working from a progressive nexus of technical advancement right in the heart of the Research Triangle of North Carolina, this senior role oversees and coordinates project activities through all phases of planning, design and construction for a variety of interior-related projects for education and/or commercial projects, striving to ensure all end environments are meaningfully designed, enriching and people-centric.
This role will engage in a hybrid work model, with the opportunity to work remotely one to two days out of the week and enjoy additional flexibility on an as-needed basis.
Location: Raleigh, NC
WHO WE ARE
A leader in designing infrastructure that makes life better.
At CPL, we do work for the greater good. Our culture is rooted in helping others and we want to see our communities thrive. From hospitals, town halls, schools and universities, to stadiums, multifamily housing, and corporate workplace environments, we actively demonstrate what it means to be a full-service team.
We’re well-equipped to build cities from the ground up, and we deepen relationships by co-creating with our clients to bring their visions to life. We are devoted to shaping an intentional environment that promotes professional development, camaraderie and fun, and as we continue to grow, we will need like-minded innovators to help us deliver powerful results.
THE DESIGN PROJECT MANAGER AT CPL
As the Design Project Manager, you will oversee all aspects of a given project, coordinating with internal and external design team members, specialty consultants, construction managers, contractors and governing agencies to facilitate effective design execution.
Reporting to an Interior Design Leader, you build and strengthen client relationships, develop program and space plans, manage internal teams and supervise furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E) selections and purchases. Talented, committed and experienced, you’re deeply passionate about creating enlivened, functional spaces that positively influence human behavior and emotions, and your ability to apply a keen design sense to any project will be a key strength.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You earned a BS in interior design from an accredited institution and have at least ten (10) years of related experience encompassing design for education and/or commercial projects
- You maintain NCIDQ certification
- You’re highly proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, InDesign and Microsoft Office
- You’re well-versed in architectural design, detailing and building material characteristics
- You showcase masterful comprehension of industry standards and building codes, including mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) and structural design requirements
- You can prioritize critical tasks to meet deadlines on or ahead of schedule
- You have exceptional communication and presentation skills, and maintain a positive attitude
- You can easily navigate the complex budget and scheduling hurdles that arise through every project phase
- You have a thorough knowledge of FF&E, which you implement seamlessly
- You’re familiar with proposals with an interior design approach and can participate in interviews, proposal development and marketing efforts accordingly
- You have knowledge of sustainability best practices and keep up to date with the latest industry trends
- You’re responsive to both team and client needs
- You proactively contribute to project schedules and how to meet milestones
- You have ample experience writing and reviewing specifications
- You can easily establish, maintain and nurture client relationships, helping each one clarifies their vision and subsequently develop a plan to activate it
- You’re a natural team player who can collaborate to devise innovative and creative solutions while fostering an environment of camaraderie
- You’re willing to participate in internal culture and business development efforts, which may occur on evenings or weekends
- Your experience encompasses the entire project lifecycle, including post-occupancy
- Additional applicable certifications and degrees are a major plus
- You have excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational and technical skills
- You utilize a strength-based approach to engage team members in their daily tasks, focusing on their capabilities rather than their weaknesses
- You know how to independently coach your team, can inspire enthusiasm, and provide encouragement when need
- You can establish short and long-term goals and create appropriate timelines for their completion, subsequently assigning specialized teams to accommodate related needs
- You can communicate effectively with internal and external personnel
- You can efficiently balance projects, teams, deadlines and budgets
- You have an aptitude for creative problem-solving, particularly in time-sensitive situations which require fast turnaround
- Understand and implement public health and safety codes, including accessibility and environmental guidelines
- Develop program and space plans during the schematic design and development processes
- Lead and participate in client vision sessions, serving as a primary contact for clients, consultants, construction managers and contractors
- Manage and supervise the development of clear and complete drawings and specifications
- Build and strengthen connections through a comprehensive understanding of the project mission, goals and policies
- Manage project and client needs through analysis, evaluation and subsequent development of the program, objectives and project requirements, including post-occupancy review and the sharing of lessons learned
- Collaborate throughout the design process, including during kickoff and programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development, construction documentation, construction administration and FF&E selections and purchases
- Lead consultants and technical team efforts to facilitate effective execution of project design, as well as the delivery of implementation documents
- Coordinate project team interaction, both internally and with all other project participants
- Provide direct supervision to the project team, encompassing timesheet review, performance evaluation and professional development
- Assist the marketing team throughout the proposal creation and submission process and participate in business development efforts as necessary
- Attend pre-proposal information sessions for some potential project pursuits
- Provide supervision and guidance related to all project objectives, design concepts, technical means and quality assurance/control procedures
- Assess strengths of project team to plan, organize and regulate workload assignments
- Prepare coordinated design and construction documents as required to obtain governing agency permits and procure competitive bids from contractors for public work projects
- Assist Project Architects with construction administration services
- Work to sustain client relationships by proactively informing and responding to client's needs with urgency
- Provide management of internal finances, including billing, invoice generation and asset/resource allocation
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive pay, professional development programs to advance your career and a comprehensive, individualized benefits package that covers all aspects of wellness – physical, emotional, mental and financial – to assist you and your family.
GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT SPACES
Every team deserves an environment that elevates and inspires. Our office in Raleigh, NC is both visually compelling and conducive to productivity, with expansive breakout spaces that promote co-creation between team members.
CPL is proud to be not only an equal opportunity employer, but a diverse and motivating place to work. Visit our website (at cplteam.com) to see what we’re all about
CPL Architects Engineers Landscape Arch & Sur
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?