Architectural Project Manager - Healthcare
- Posted: over a month ago
ARCHITECTURAL PROJECT MANAGER (HEALTHCARE)
This role is passionate about creative design and leads architectural teams with a positive attitude, coordinating healthcare project efforts in order to ensure effective execution and achieve a timely, gainful completion.
WHO WE ARE
A leader in designing infrastructure that makes life better.
At CPL, we do work for the greater good. Our culture is rooted in helping others and we want to see our neighborhoods thrive. From hospitals, town halls, schools and universities to stadiums, houses, highways and bridges, we actively demonstrate what it means to be a full-service team.
We’re well-equipped to build cities from the ground up, and we deepen relationships by co-creating with our clients to bring their visions to life. We’re devoted to shaping an intentional environment that promotes professional development, camaraderie and fun, and as we continue to grow, we’ll need innovators like you to help us deliver powerful results.
THE ARCHITECTURAL PROJECT MANAGER AT CPL
The Architectural Project Manager serves as a specialty practice leader, overseeing healthcare projects and participating in marketing pursuits and strategic planning to ensure advantageous outcomes for both CPL and our clients.
Reporting to a Principal or Senior Project Manager, you participate in business development efforts to support increasing revenues, maximizing profitability by establishing and nurturing beneficial partnerships. You estimate fees, determine scopes of work, provide assistance throughout the proposal development and writing process and manage contracts for some of our most intricate projects. Intellectually curious, you’re a motivated self-starter with a delivery-focused mindset, and you understand that there is no margin for error in healthcare.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You have a thorough understanding of architectural design, detailing and building material characteristics
- You have in-depth knowledge of industry standards and building codes, including mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) design
- You can collaborate productively with multidisciplinary team members, consultant groups and stakeholders on a variety of concurrent projects
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technically savvy, you’re highly proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam, the Microsoft Office Suite, the Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp
- You have a profound ability to comprehend and flesh out a client’s vision, implementing the factors necessary to achieve project success
- You earned a professional degree in architecture from an accredited institution and have at least ten (10) years of hands-on experience with design and documentation – or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- You have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in providing design services for hospitals and other medical facilities
- You are familiar with all applicable building codes and regulations for healthcare projects
- Professional licensure (RA) is required
- LEED and/or WELL accreditation are certainly preferred, but not required
- You have excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational and technical skills
- You utilize a strength-based approach to engage team members in their daily tasks, focusing on their capabilities rather than their weaknesses
- You know how to coach your team both independently and as a whole, inspiring enthusiasm and providing encouragement when needed
- You can establish short and long-term goals and create appropriate timelines for their completion, subsequently assigning specialized teams to accommodate related needs
- You can communicate effectively with internal and external personnel
- You can efficiently balance projects, teams, deadlines and budgets
- You have an aptitude for creative problem-solving, particularly in time-sensitive situations which require fast turnaround
- Oversee all aspects of healthcare projects, including leading a team and coordinating with internal/external design team members, specialty consultants, clients, construction managers, contractors and governing agencies
- Lead the preparation of documents by the design team for obtaining required local and state permits
- Suggest new ideas and processes, continuing to learn more about the latest industry developments as they pertain to the healthcare market sector
- Interpret, create and/or redefine CPL’s standards
- Work to build and enhance client relationships
- Oversee the management of internal finances, including billing, invoice generation and asset/resource allocation
- Serve as the daily contact for key internal and external project personnel, ensuring the resolution of project-related issues
- Plan, organize and regulate workload assignments as needed
- Lead and supervise the development of clear and complete drawings and specifications.
- Prepare coordinated design and construction documents to obtain governing agency permits and procure competitive bids from contractors for public works projects
- Provide leadership, mentoring and direct supervision to the project team, encompassing timesheet review, performance evaluation, education and professional development avenues
We believe that building a strong community is about establishing a prevailing sense of fellowship among our team members, friends and neighbors. In doing so, CPL visionaries embody these principles daily:
- Integrity – doing what is ethically right and providing reliable follow-through on commitments
- Ingenuity – seeking new opportunities and consistently identifying unexpected and practical ways to solve problems
- Inspiration – contributing to an uplifting workplace that facilitates growth and success by maintaining a positive, upbeat attitude
- Collaboration – working with others towards the best solution, placing great emphasis on the collective wisdom of our internal teams
- Family – celebrating others’ successes, genuinely caring about the happiness and well-being of our team members and recognizing their own families as extensions of the CPL family
- Fun – not taking oneself too seriously, fully understanding that fun at work is conducive to productivity
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive pay, professional development programs to advance your career and a comprehensive, individualized benefits package that covers all aspects of wellness – physical, emotional, mental and financial – to assist you and your family.
CPL is proud to be not only an equal opportunity employer, but a diverse and motivating place to work. Visit our website (that’s cplteam.com) to see what we’re all about.
CPL Architects Engineers Landscape Arch & Sur
ConstructionView all jobs at CPL Architects Engineers Landscape Arch & Sur