Architectural Designer - Suwanee/GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This role scaffolds team efforts by participating in long-term planning and design for architectural projects across our market sectors, brainstorming and recommending creative solutions to our clients.
WHO WE ARE
A leader in designing infrastructure that makes life better.
At CPL, we do work for the greater good. Our culture is rooted in helping others and we want to see our neighborhoods thrive. From hospitals, town halls, schools and universities to stadiums, houses, highways and bridges, we actively demonstrate what it means to be a full-service team.
We’re well-equipped to build cities from the ground up, and we deepen relationships by co-creating with our clients to bring their visions to life. We’re devoted to shaping an intentional environment that promotes professional development, camaraderie and fun, and as we continue to grow, we’ll need innovators like you to help us deliver powerful results.
THE ARCHITECT / ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER AT CPL
The Architect / Architectural Designer performs analyses of design, planning and occupancy studies and limited design layouts for projects of moderate size and complexity. Reporting to a Senior Architect / Designer or Project Manager, you write and review plans/estimates and develop detailed models in AutoCAD and Revit, mindfully accounting for accurate field conditions. Your team members rely on your ability to perform concise calculations and communicate data, and for every project you work on, you provide a framework within which the team can collectively fashion forward-thinking design solutions.
This position requires training on site but HYBRID or REMOTE opportunities ARE AVAILABLE
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You can comprehend and carry out complex instructions
- You’re technically savvy in programs such as Revit, Bluebeam, the Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and other 3D visualization tools
- You can work both independently and as a member of a team while juggling diverse projects
- You have an exceptional interpersonal manner over the phone, in person and via email correspondence with clients, consultants and other project personnel
- You have a foundational understanding of construction methods and materials, with a willingness to learn more
- You have basic familiarity with governing codes and standards as well as sustainable design strategies
- You earned a professional degree in architecture from an accredited institution
- A professional license (RA) and American Institute of Architects (AIA) certification are preferred, but not necessary
- Create, update and maintain AutoCAD and Revit architectural models
- Participate in conceptual design activities under the supervision of a Project Manager
- Attend, participate in and lead design team charrettes, preparing meeting minutes for distribution
- Participate in product research, evaluation and selection
- Coordinate detailing across disciplinary teams to ensure compatibility between all building systems and material selections
- Assist in the development of project specifications
- Prepare architectural documents for agency approval throughout the bidding and construction administration process
- Perform shop drawings and submittal reviews
- Attend construction meetings, maintaining a photographic record of work progress and preparing field reports for distribution
- Assist the marketing department in obtaining professional, on-site project photos
- Copy and print drawings as requested
We believe that building a strong community is about establishing a prevailing sense of fellowship among our team members, friends and neighbors. In doing so, CPL visionaries embody these principles daily:
- Integrity – doing what is ethically right and providing reliable follow-through on commitments
- Ingenuity – seeking new opportunities and consistently identifying unexpected and practical ways to solve problems
- Inspiration – contributing to an uplifting workplace that facilitates growth and success by maintaining a positive, upbeat attitude
- Collaboration – working with others towards the best solution, placing great emphasis on the collective wisdom of our internal teams
- Family – celebrating others’ successes, genuinely caring about the happiness and well-being of our team members and recognizing their own families as extensions of the CPL family
- Fun – not taking oneself too seriously, fully understanding that fun at work is conducive to productivity
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive pay, professional development programs to advance your career and a comprehensive, individualized benefits package that covers all aspects of wellness – physical, emotional, mental and financial – to assist you and your family.
CPL is proud to be not only an equal opportunity employer, but a diverse and motivating place to work. Visit our website (that’s cplteam.com) to see what we’re all about.
CPL Architects Engineers Landscape Arch & Sur
ConstructionView all jobs at CPL Architects Engineers Landscape Arch & Sur