2023 SUMMER INTERNSHIP: ARCHITECTURAL INTERN/ CHARLOTTE, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
CPL Architecture and Engineering Planning is seeking Interior Design Internship candidates. Are you a student looking for flexibility and career opportunity?
Location: Charlotte, NC
Internship Environment: On-site
Start Date: 05/22/2023.
How to Apply: Please submit your online application with an uploaded resume and portfolio.
This internship is a full-time, paid opportunity.
Based out of our Charlotte, NC, office, this role gains critical insight by working with talented A/E/C experts to devise, implement and measure innovative design strategies, gradually developing the technical skills and professional behaviors necessary to become a polished architect.
WHO WE ARE
A leader in designing infrastructure that makes life better.
At CPL, we do work for the greater good. Our culture is rooted in helping others and we want to see our neighborhoods thrive. From hospitals, town halls, schools and universities to stadiums, houses, highways and bridges, we actively demonstrate what it means to be a full-service team.
We’re well-equipped to build cities from the ground up, and we deepen relationships by co-creating with our clients to bring their visions to life. We’re devoted to shaping an intentional environment that promotes professional development, camaraderie and fun, and as we continue to grow, we’ll need innovators like you to help us deliver powerful results.
THE ARCHITECTURAL INTERN AT CPL
Under the supervision of a Senior Designer or Project Manager, the Architectural Intern performs work for a myriad of projects ranging in size, scope and practice area. Your primary responsibilities include preparing drawings, rendering 3D models, assisting in survey map and layout development and participating in client vision sessions. You’re exposed to active learning assignments – from healthcare centers to elementary schools – on a daily basis, working alongside the industry’s best and brightest to create purposeful designs that enrich lives.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You’re actively pursuing a BS (or MS) in architecture or a related field.
- You have succinct communication and presentation skills
- You have some technical experience in Revit, AutoCAD and/or other rendering or 3D design programs
- You have an acute ability to produce and/or interpret detailed hand sketches and can effectively delineate conceptual ideas to internal teams and clients alike.
- You have a strong interest in/aptitude for sustainable design methodologies and dream of improving community infrastructure on a grand scale.
- Previous architectural experience is a major plus, but not required
- Prepare drawings for a variety of project types, including healthcare, higher education, K-12, community and transportation.
- Assist in the development of programs and conceptual layouts.
- Maintain frequent correspondence with regulating agencies, builders, contractors and the general public to ensure operations progress as planned.
- Evaluate existing infrastructure during site visions, suggesting recommendations for improvement in tandem with team leadership.
- Participate in product research, evaluation and selection as needed.
- Assist in the development of clear presentations to showcase to clients.
We believe that building a strong community is about establishing a prevailing sense of fellowship among our team members, friends and neighbors. In doing so, CPL visionaries embody these principles daily:
- Integrity – doing what is ethically right and providing reliable follow-through on commitments
- Ingenuity – seeking new opportunities and consistently identifying unexpected and practical ways to solve problems
- Inspiration – contributing to an uplifting workplace that facilitates growth and success by maintaining a positive, upbeat attitude
- Collaboration – working with others towards the best solution, placing great emphasis on the collective wisdom of our internal teams
- Family – celebrating others’ successes, genuinely caring about the happiness and well-being of our team members and recognizing their own families as extensions of the CPL family
- Fun – not taking oneself too seriously, fully understanding that fun at work is conducive to productivity
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive pay and an individualized mentorship program through fostering a learning environment.
CPL is proud to be not only an equal opportunity employer, but a diverse and motivating place to work. Visit our website (that’s cplteam.com) to see what we’re all about.
CPL Architects Engineers Landscape Arch & Sur
Arts and Entertainment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?