We are looking for a Residential Service Technician who will service our current customers' security systems to ensure the issue is resolved in an accurate and timely manner. This is a fantastic opportunity to earn a great performance-based income, while providing a valuable service to our customers.
- Servicing residential security systems accurately and efficiently
- Meeting or exceeding performance goals on a consistent basis
- Performing walkthrough of home to determine the optimal system configuration, and to identify up-selling opportunities
- Keeping the customer informed at all times of what the service process will entail, whether walls will need to be drilled in order to run wiring, etc.
- Connecting in-home system up to our central monitoring system, activating system and performing customer demonstration
- Maintaining good administrative responsibility by submitting billing and payroll paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring the highest level of safety and responsibility in order to avoid injury, property damage or loss of unused materials
- Providing exceptional customer service at all times
- Consulting with management on any issues or concerns
- Cleaning up work area thoroughly
- Maintaining all company equipment, including truck, tools, inventory, etc.
- Maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
Job Requirements /Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent; electronics/electrical/HVAC/technical training at trade school or community college, a plus
- Good sales skills, particularly with strong up-selling and closing abilities
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong customer service skills
- Commitment to safety
- Ability to work effectively both on an individual basis and as part of a team
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- High energy, fun and positive attitude
- Schedule flexibility and the ability to work weekends
- Thorough understanding of alarm systems (user interaction, troubleshooting, etc.) a plus
- Alarm, cable installation, or telecom experience, a plus
- Ability to pass criminal background check, DMV check and drug screen
What’s In It For You
- Competitive pay, and educational assistance
- Hourly paid training, and 100% uncapped commission after training is completed
- Great medical, dental, vision, short- & long-term disability and life insurance options
- Company paid holidays, floating holiday and paid time off (PTO)
- 401(k) plan with competitive company match
- Company provided Vehicle
- Company provided Iphone and IPad
- Eligible for free monitored security system after 90 days
- Paid Volunteer and Charitable Engagement Opportunities
- Birthday and Work Anniversary Rewards
Why Work Here?For more than 25 years, CPI Security has been a leader in customized security and home automation solutions. We are one of the only providers to design, install, monitor and service our own security systems. Our employees are driven, independent, passionate, and team-oriented. Everyone at CPI comes into work knowing they will make an impact, whether that means with their team or customers. There’s a reason why we were voted one of the top places to work in the Carolinas!
Great culture, people and growth opportunities!