Are you open to relocating to the Southeast?
Sr. Dairy Scientist will create innovative ways to help products pour easily, spread smoothly and gel perfectly with a Global company of nature-based ingredients in everything from food and beverages to personal care products and detergents.
- Looking for experience with dairy applications, not just formulations. Must be able to break down to the application level.
- Customer facing skills supporting the Sales Team as a technical SME.
- Ability to travel through June 2020 on a monthly basis while the new state of the art facility opens in the US Southeast.
- Experience with Cultured Dairy products preferably Yogurt.
The Sr. Dairy Scientist is an experienced food or dairy scientist within the Americas Sales Technical Support team (STS) and will be based in Atlanta, GA.This is customer facing hands-on, lab-based position focused on the use of hydrocolloids in finished food and beverage applications.Projects are typically market-facing projects; examples include work to address specific customer needs (e.g. trouble-shooting, ideation, formula optimization), and requests from Marketing to develop finished food and beverage prototypes to showcase company ingredients at trade shows and conferences.Projects involve evaluating, optimizing, and understanding the science and technology behind company hydrocolloid solutions within the context of complete formulas and processes to provide the desired functionalities in finished food and beverage applications.A strong desire to optimize formulas for sensory qualities, and a strong inclination to look at food systems on a molecular level are critical.While many projects will focus on beverages of all types, i.e. with and without protein, neutral and acid pH, and shelf-stable and refrigerated products, other applications may include yogurt, fruit preps, water gels, condiments, confectionery, and bakery applications.This position largely supports North America customers, but may also support projects from other parts of the world.
- Strong individual contributor who will be key in solving short term, complex, customer driven projects, especially in protein-based systems.
- Regionally recognized leader/contributor in the use of hydrocolloids in protein-based systems beverages.
- Designs and executes well-planned experiments, can analyze complex data, and propose innovative solutions.Documents experimental results and conclusions completely, in a well-organized fashion and in a timely manner.
- Ensures projects are completed on time, using the proper company ingredients for the functionality required and processing techniques that are appropriate for the application. Ensures prototypes and documentation provided to customers are high quality and professional.
- Works closely with colleagues to ensure a smooth, efficient workflow.
- Participates in technical discussions, both with local and global technical colleagues to share knowledge and experience and provide input for solving customer challenges.
- Interacts professionally with customers, field technical service, and sales to discuss project needs and results.
- Strong critical thinking skills; continuously develops and applies knowledge gained to new projects and applications.
- Creative problem-solver.
- Mentor and train less-experienced colleagues.
- Works in a safe manner according to the Huber Principles and values.
- Role may include travel to regional customers or trade shows, and international travel to other company technical sites.
- Strong Food Science/Food Chemistry/Dairy background
- Dairy background; beverage, cheese, ice cream, yogurt (cultured dairy preferred)
- Hydrocolloids and proteins applications experience is required
- Fluent in English; excellent written and oral communication skills (no visa sponsorship available)
- Must be proactive, energetic, curious, highly motivated to learn, and learn quickly and dynamically when executing daily activities.
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Customer-focused, pays attention to detail, has a sense of urgency.
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment, positive attitude, self-starter, and ready to learn.
- With project needs understood, can work independently to complete the project.Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solid creative problem-solving skills.
- PhD with 2-3 years of related experience, MS in Food Science with of 5 years of related industry experience or BS in Food Science with 8- 10 years relevant industry experience
- Looking for experience with dairy applications, not just formulations.Must be able to break down applications to the application level.
- Must be engaging presenting in front of groups as this is a customer facing position supporting the Sales Technical Support Team.
- Ability to travel to California through June 2020 on a monthly basis while the new state of the art facility opens.