Job Location: Hartford
Title: Clinical Therapist
Spanish Speaking Preferred
Join this dynamic treatment and management program on the front lines with the mission of increasing community safety and no more victimization. You will be part of a team that teaches you how to reduce the risk from offenders and prevent further victimization. It is a challenging but greatly rewarding career opportunity.
Our experienced agency will train and certify a qualified candidate to work in this specialized field to provide risk-reducing treatment interventions with court-ordered clients.
· Conduct assessment and treatment services;
· Complete required assessments on clients assigned to caseload, including but not limited to actuarial and dynamic risk assessment, sexual interests, personality measures, cognitive and achievement tests;
· Take primary responsibility in developing new treatment plans, as well as refining and updating existing plans;
· Develop treatment objectives and interventions, tailored to client’s dynamic risk factors and strengths;
· Facilitate Psychoeducational and Process therapy groups, provide occasional individual psychotherapy that is consistent with cognitive behavioral principles;
· Participate in the oversight and quality control of peers and contract counselors which may include formal clinical supervision;
· Attend trainings on conducting treatment according to DOC and CPC’s program guidelines;
· Review documentation and meet with clients to review work and manage customer relations;
· Work closely and keep a good working relationship with coworkers and correctional staff;
· Work in an independent setting with strong organizational skills and rigorous attention to detail;
· Follow agency protocols and participate in weekly training/supervision meetings;
· Commitment to professional development;
· Adhere to professional and confidentiality requirements in handling client records;
· Maintains appropriate documentation;
· Maintains and promotes a collaborative and professional attitude in all internal and external relationships.
· Master’s Degree or higher;
· Two years of relevant professional experience;
· Licensed (LMHC, LMFT, LCSW, LICSW);
· English and Spanish speaking preferred;
· Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Understanding and experience in risk management;
· CBT, DBT and motivational interviewing experience a plus;
· Experience providing Sex Offender Treatment, DV or Substance Abuse Treatment to adults or adolescents;
· Clinical inpatient treatment experience and substantial focus on group facilitation;
The Counseling and Psychotherapy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.