Summary of Responsibilities
This position is responsible for assisting the tax assembly assistant and maintain the flow of work throughout the office. This may also include managing the front desk, greeting clients, operating the telephone switchboard and a variety of administrative tasks.
· Prints and mails quarterly estimate reminders for clients.
· Prepares and processes extension requests when required.
· Checks for CCH e-file system for rejected tax returns
· Prepares tax organizers at year end.
· Assembly and processing of tax returns
· Assists accounting staff with various matters
· Copying, faxing, scanning – tax document scanning during tax season
· Process paperwork and financial statements.
· Process annual payroll tax returns and 1099’s
· Answer telephones efficiently, using a multi-line telephone system.
· Greeting clients and visitors.
· Creating file folders
· Set up luncheons for scheduled conference room meetings.
· Preparing confirmations
· Type letters as requested
· Training new employees on how to use the telephone system.
· Responsible for tracking all of the company’s mifi devices
· Orders office supplies and stocks supply closets throughout office
· Processes new clients and maintains marketing reports, which include new/cancelled accounts, new services, new prospects, contacts, etc.
· Manage and evaluate small equipment management; including postage meter refill and paper use
· Maintain supplies for copy, fax and postage machines
Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Education, Knowledge and Experience Required:
· Ability to operate multi-line telephone computerized switchboard.
· Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism, dealing with people and perform under stress when confronted with multiple calls, requiring working with speed and concentration.
· Typing and use of computer and other office equipment required.
· Ability to read, write and speak English well, with pleasant “telephone voice” Extensive client and staff content requiring excellent “people skills”.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Overtime required from January 15 to April 15, including some Saturday work.
Position requires occasional lifting of files of more than 10 pounds and occasional bending, stooping and climbing a step stool. Heavy overtime hours required from January 15 to April 15 and periodically throughout year, possibly in excess of 50 hours per week. Normal professional office environment. Minimal hazards.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by managers or partners to perform other tasks or duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. It is not a contract for employment and either the employee or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason
CPA firm in Mercer County
Why Work Here?We are a CPA and advisory firm serving the greater New Jersey and Bucks County, Pennsylvania area.
Great working environment, room for growth.