Our client is a leading global seed manufacturer and they are looking to bring a new Sales Manager onto their team. The Sales Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining approximately 100 designated domestic and international accounts throughout the Mexico and South American region. This individual is an expert in advising customers of the best vegetable seed varieties that meet their needs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Sell all vegetable seeds varieties domestically and internationally; give technical advice to our customers for selecting and cultivating our product.
- Identify and develop new markets for our seed; inform the company of the status and trends of the seed industry in this territory.
- Serve customer accounts and ensure the maintenance and growth of the business.
- Responsible for setting up publicity and promotion programs.
- Responsible to organize seed samples for trials for new or old varieties. Coordinate trials and get product information.
- Responsible to coordinate with Breeder research trials and help to evaluate the material to discover new varieties for the market.
- Draft /sales contracts, provide information needed including prices and review needed export documentation according to customer’s instructions and requirements; set the price list for each market.
- Attend conventions and trade shows that will help maintain and develop our business.
- Review and resolve quality issues. Write contracts related to exclusive seed varieties and/or as necessary to resolve a quality issue.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bilingual in Spanish (must have).
- Knowledge of vegetable crops, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the profitability of the company.
- Must be able to work in the office, Greenhouses and fields.
- International travel up to 75% of the time.
If you are someone that is ideal for this position and have a passion to be part of a high calibre company please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format – and don’t forget to include your accomplishments and achievements on your resume!
Highly respected in the food & drink industry, we are dedicated to building partnerships in business, with both clients and candidates that bring, mutual benefits to all parties, on a long term basis. With thirty year’s experience, we have grown a talented team of consultants, whose knowledge and experience and expertise of the food and drink recruitment market guarantees that success will be at your disposal to achieve your recruitment objective.
We are renowned for providing bespoke solutions, with in-built flexibility and have a long and successful history of handling assignments, at all levels, on behalf of a loyal and growing client base – ranging from global blue-chip organisations to independent enterprises.