Morris County CPA firm is seeking a highly motivated tax professional to provide a diversified client portfolio with year round tax compliance and advisory services and to assist the firm with staff training and development.
This very important role includes managing and maintaining client relationships, performing technical tax research, reviewing tax returns for individuals, pass through entities, fiduciary and corporate returns, correspondence with federal and state taxing authorities and resolution of various tax controversy matters, supervision of and training of staff as well as assistance with development of firm procedures and processes to improve qualify control, efficiency and work flow.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications,
- Active CPA status a must
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Master in Tax a Plus
- Minimum 7 years recent public accounting firm tax experience, including hands on tax return preparation and review
- Strong tax research skills using on line tax research tools and the ability to read and write tax memos
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, effective communication, problem solving and superior analytical skills
- Detailed oriented and ability to identify and mitigate risk
- Proficient in MS office and tax preparation software
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects at the same time and work well under pressure
- Willingness to learn