Kassouf & Co., P.C. is currently seeking a Staff 1 Accountant in our Estate, Gift, and Trust Group.
· GL accounting and account reconciliation
· Prepare federal and state income tax returns for trust, estate, and gift taxes; consult on complex tax matters
· Prepare documents and reporting in compliance with the Uniform Trust Code
· Assist with trust and estate administration, including cash receipts and disbursements and related recordkeeping
· Interact closely with other Kassouf team members to provide support, tax planning, consulting and tax compliance services for related clients
· Research tax issues and provide tax planning and consulting services
· Prepare correspondence to taxing authorities
· Work closely with managers and partners on client management, delivery of innovative tax planning as well as practice development and business development activities
· Build relationships with clients and manage client expectations; identify opportunities to expand services within the client base; promote new ideas and business solutions that result in extended services to existing clients
· Keep abreast of latest developments in tax guidance to anticipate and address estate, gift, and trust tax planning and compliance
· Assist with examinations by tax authorities
· Understand and manage firm risk on tax services
· Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong organizational and time management skills; excellent written and verbal skills; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; good judgment and professional skepticism; excellent analysis and observation skills; ability to work effectively with co-workers, staff, and clients; knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures; knowledge of accounting software packages and MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
BA or BS degree in Accounting from accredited college/university
· CPA, or actively pursuing CPA certification
Overview of Kassouf & Co., P.C.
Kassouf & Co., P.C. is an active member of CPAmerica International, one of the largest networks of CPA firms in the world. This affiliation combines the expertise and resources of nearly 2,000 CPAs across the United States. In addition, CPAmerica’s strategic alliance with Crowe Global provides us with a network of 10,000 CPAs and consultants around the world. These affiliations bring powerful solutions to meet our client needs.
Our clients range in size from emerging businesses to large, privately-held companies, including healthcare, legal, architecture and engineering, retail, wholesale distribution, construction, manufacturing, hospitality, real estate, and not-for-profit entities. Our staff, highly-trained and technically proficient, believes in the principle of personal service to our clients.
As a regular, full-time employee, you will be eligible to participate in our fringe benefit programs, subject to each benefit’s terms and conditions:
· Group health, dental, and voluntary vision coverage, group life insurance, group long-term disability insurance, voluntary group short-term disability insurance, which are all effective on the first day of the month following your employment.
· Cafeteria plan to pay for dependent care and non-covered medical expenses on a pre-tax basis.
· 401(k) Plan participation is effective the day you begin work
· Continuing education, professional society membership dues
· Holidays, as outlined in the employee handbook
· Paid time off (PTO), as outlined in the employee handbook