We are a rapidly growing full service CPA firm located in Midtown Manhattan that supports a multitude of small to mid-size business owners as well as individuals. Our firm takes pride in offering a great company culture and reasonable hours. We are looking for a hard-working, sharp individual with a desire for career growth.
- Demonstrate extensive technical skills with tax compliance assignments for partnerships, S-Corporations, C-Corporations, trusts, and individual tax clients working proficiently with specific tax forms.
- Identify and implement tax planning and tax savings strategies
- Manage a variety of clients' bookkeeping needs including general data entry, bill payment, invoicing, bank reconciliations, budgeting, general ledger review, month/year end closing entries, inter-company reconciliations, etc.
- Review and manage tax return preparation as well as bookkeeping obligations of staff to ensure tasks are completed timely and accurately
- Review clients' general ledgers for year-end in order to close out financials and prepare tax return
- Maintain good working relationships with clients to enhance client satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Research and consult on complex tax matters
- Serve as the primary contact for clients
- Support the development of staff by providing on the job training and constructive feedback
- Develop and conduct tax training seminars for staff
- 3+ years' experience bookkeeping
- 2+ years' experience with QuickBooks (QuickBooks Certifications a plus)
- 3+ years of experience in accounting/tax preparation
- CCH Access a plus
- Deadline oriented with ability to complete assigned tasks independently and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with emphasis on Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- CPA (Preferred)