Day Service Instructor
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you have a passion for impacting and improving the lives of others? Join an organization that will empower you with the training and support to lead a wide variety of activities and classes or have the option to specialize in a certain area such as art or exercise. This is a dream job for someone that loves to help others while having a good time and feeling valued themselves.
CP, a locally run 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is seeking caring professionals to join their teams in the Green Bay area as Adult Services Instructors. This is a life changing role where you will be teaching adults with physical and developmental disabilities functional life skills.
If you have experience in any human services field, this is a career you need to explore. You must have a covid vaccination (or an approved medical or religious exemption) and the ability to pass an iso-kinetic test, as well as a background check and drug screen.
Why Join the CP team:
- Culture - Everyone at CP enjoys what they do and work well together while changing people's lives. If you have a particular area of interest or expertise, they want you to leverage your talents to be able to further improve the lives of your clients.
- Training - CP offers very comprehensive training that will provide you with the tools and confidence to provide your clients with the highest care possible while reducing your stress.
- $3,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Schedule - 8am-4pm, Monday through Friday. No nights, weekends, or holidays required.
- 3 weeks of PTO available your first year
- Healthcare, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Competitive Pay - up to $15/hr
- Wellness Programs and Discounts
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Assess client performance in specific skill areas and develop / implement written goals and objectives in these areas.
- Integrate adaptation into classes to maximize client participation
- Maintain timely, accurate and organized records of client daily progress and analyze data for performance outcomes.
- Maintain communication with service coordinators on regular basis regarding client issues or concerns.
- Provide appropriate assistance with personal cares for clients such as toileting, feeding, dressing, showering, transporting on and off the bus.
- Fully participate with clients in CP's warm water pool and assist in changing rooms.
- Coordinate supplemental activities in the adult program (i.e. guest speakers, music activities, community outings, large group activities, gardening, etc.).
- Participate in activity planning related to class goals.
- Assist with onboarding of new Adult Program employees.
- Plan and implement community outings for specific instructional areas as directed.
- Attend client Individual Program Plan, committee, and staff meetings as required.
- Participate in program change and development.
- Attend ongoing in-service and continuing education training.
- Prepare to assume responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor or Director of Adult Services.
- Adhere to the agency safety policies and procedures
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $15.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location (Kimberly, Two Rivers or Green Bay)
AddressTwo Rivers, WI
EducationView all jobs at CP
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?