- Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
A structural welder will support metal welding projects that utilize a unique welding system of thematic formations of steel bar armatures.
COST is a theme construction company that fabricates and manufactures custom creative projects for museums, theme and water parks, aquariums, zoological exhibits, and other unique clients. Check out our work on our website!
4-DAY WORK WEEKS
Shift: Varies; M – F; 7:00am – 3:30pm; M – Th 6:00am – 4:30pm; or T – F 6:00am – 4:30pm; possible overtime outside normal hours including weekends
Employment Type: Direct hire; non-exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Form, bend and tack weld armatures and custom fabrications.
- Use materials such as mild steel, stainless steel and aluminum.
- Use tools in such as drill press, band saw, punch press, bar and pipe bender and grinders, along with a variety of portable and hand tools.
- Use various precision measuring equipment to check work.
- Operate hoist, cranes, and riggings to move materials.
- Perform general labor duties as assigned.
- Drive a Forklift (certification provided).
- Lift and move material.
- Load product for shipping.
- Adhere to safety requirements and equipment guidelines.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other tasks as requested.
Knowledge and Skill
- High school education or G.E.D. and one or more years of related experience; or a combination of education and experience.
- Basic understanding of wire, stick or TIG welding.
- Proficiency in using hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as layouts, blueprints, sketches, and maintenance instructions. Ability to communicate effectively with other employees in the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and circumference. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to operate various equipment to include welding equipment, forklift, hoists, riggings, and various hand and power tools. Requires a broad knowledge of mechanics, metal properties, welding techniques and maintenance procedures and practices.
- 4 day work weeks
- Paid time off
- Birthday paid time off
- 8 paid holidays
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Voluntary insurance: dental, short term disability, term life, critical illness, and accident insurance
- Quarterly variable pay bonus
- Use hands to handle or feel; stand; walk; climb or balance; stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Lift 70 lbs. floor to waist; lift 90 lbs. waist to chest; lift 25 lbs. chest to overhead; carry 50 lbs. over a distance of 50 ft.; push a 100 lbs. wheeled cart over a distance of 100 ft.; and drag 50 lbs. over a distance of 100 ft.
- Exposed to typical noises and smells associated with the production environment, such as exposure to fumes or airborne particles and production machinery. Noise level is moderate to loud.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work that may be inherent in the occupation. COST of Wisconsin, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity workplace.
COST of Wisconsin, Inc.Jackson, WI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.