Coordinates with the Operations Manager to manage the loading, unloading, repair, maintenance, warehousing, and inventory control of short-term rental furniture both in the warehouse and at trade show and event sites. Coordinates delivery schedules and logistics with sales team, clients and management. Manages drivers, warehouse and temporary labor personnel in a 24-hour a day business environment to assure efficiency and safety. Works evenings and weekends as necessary. Occasionally may be required to load/unload and drive a truck to and from delivery sites.
- Manages team of delivery drivers and driver helpers (both CORT employees and temp labor) throughout the employee life cycle from hiring, setting expectations, monitoring performance, providing feedback, development, progressive discipline, and termination.
- Manages the scheduling, routing, and control of all trucking activity.
- Coordinates delivery schedules with sales team, clients, and management.
- Responsible for truck leasing, maintenance, and safety as well as related record keeping functions, i.e. annual MVR check of drivers, monthly safety reports.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse and furniture.
- Responsible for proper staging, loading and unloading of furniture.
- Ensures that safety standards are adhered to in all areas of the warehouse.
- Provides necessary training on basic furniture repair and safety (including OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, lift operations certification, and safety meetings.)
- Responsible for insuring accurate and timely cycle counts, as well as other procedural operations to account for inventory.
- Provides management reports as necessary.
- Associates Degree with 2 + years related industry experience or at least 5 years related industry experience without a degree.
- Management experience with demonstrated ability to develop employees and maintain effectiveness with peers.
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Excellent communication skills, reasoning skills, and computer proficiency skills.
- Ability to self-direct and work independently.
- Ability to make minor repairs to furniture and to match color.
- Available to work every other weekend.
- Knowledge of current DOT regulations.
- Must be at least 21 years of age (if driving is required for the position).
- Must have valid state driver's license and safe driving record.
- Required regularly to stand, walk, and talk or hear. Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently required to walk and climb or balance. Occasionally required to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
CORT is a subsidiary of Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway. We are the world's largest provider of furniture rental, trade show and event furnishings and relocation and transition services. We have locations throughout the US and in the UK, and a proprietary global network in over 80 countries around the world. We are dedicated to helping people make a house a home, an office a great place to work and an event a memorable celebration.
As part of a national company, CORT Furniture Rental offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, competitive salaries with position-specific incentive or commission plans, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts.
For more information on CORT Business Services, please visit our website at www.CORT.com.
CORT conducts drug screening, background checks and MVR checks (if applicable) as a condition of employment. CORT also participates in the E-Verify program.
Job Location(s) US-NJ-Secaucus
Posted Date 12 hours ago (11/19/2019 1:20 PM)
Job ID 2019-2983
\# of Openings 1