Project Manager, Biostatistics and Epidemiology
Summary of Position:
This is a Project Manager role that works closely with members of the Epidemiology and Biostatistics departments. Self-motivation, strong organization, problem solving, and flexibility are necessary to meet the needs of this fast-paced research group. This position requires superb technology skills with fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel) and willingness to learn our on-line document management system and other systems as required.
Critical skills for this position include an intimate knowledge of project management and a working knowledge of time management systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with Biostatistics and Epidemiology departments on project management tracking of the queries and other initiatives that are currently being worked on within the department. This includes regular evaluation and monitoring of project setup and tasks to ensure usefulness of data and alignment with other departments as necessary.
- Create and maintain all Epidemiology department project management training materials and Train all new Epidemiology employees on project management software. Provide ongoing support to the Epidemiology and Biostatistics teams as new software features, trainings, and work instructions are released by implementing and/or performing the tasks identified by the Clarizen business analyst.
- Work in collaboration with Epidemiology department staff, finance, and Clarizen Business analyst on tracking and managing effort time, adding projects and serving as point person in Epidemiology and Biostatistics department on managing the time tracking system with assistance from other Epidemiology department staff.
- Review Epidemiology and Biostatistics portion of the monthly invoice and time effort reports for finance. Assist with corrections to time entries as needed, provide backup support and field questions from Biostat and Epi teams on proper time capture.
- Create and implement processes and procedures to streamline the abstract submission process for scientific conferences. This includes researching potential conferences, determining needed timelines and supervising submissions.
- In collaboration with the project management office, maintain department reports within the project management software for Biostat Leads, Epi Leads, ClinEpi, and Epi and Biostat directors.
- Coordinate with the Corrona legal department to ensure proper documentation and tracking of Corrona acknowledgement statements as well as maintain tracking system for all investigator disclosures.
- Develop and manage the Corrona publication database and provide internal and external updates on recent publications on a timely basis.
- Serve as the facilitator of the weekly Epi meetings by developing the agenda, working with the ClinEpi and Epi Leads to formulate processes and create solutions based on agenda items, taking and distribute meeting notes and action items, following up on action items and incomplete agenda items on subsequent meetings.
- Facilitate the weekly Biostat/Epi meeting, prepare weekly reports and distribute agendas.
- Supervise Epidemiology administrative staff to include training, supervision, mentoring, and appraising performance.
- Participate in cross departmental projects as needed.
- Additional duties may be assigned, either temporary or permanent based upon company needs.
- Required participation in a variety of weekly conference calls and occasional in-person meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years supporting professional staff in science/medical fields
- Requires a highly motivated, detailed oriented, and organized individual with the ability to perform duties in a timely manner.
- 3 years of supervisory or leadership experience is desirable.
- Must possess strong English communication and writing skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Expert knowledge of project management software
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills and the ability to drive results
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and MS Project
- Knowledge of financial reporting methods and standards
- Motivated and organized to perform duties in a timely manner, adhering to guidelines and established time frames.
- Completion of GCP training (provided by Corrona)
This is a remote position with preference given to candidates in the Boston area.