- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is responsible for leading a complex implementation and platform evolution project dedicated to a new Fortune 100 customer. This role will be responsible for project management - direction, planning, implementation, execution, control and completion – of a large-scale 1+ year project. As the project scales down, the expectation would be that other projects are added to the scope of responsibility. This position is also responsible for managing the interdependence among third parties involved in the project, and reporting risks/opportunities and metrics to senior leadership. This remote position will largely involve working with teams in the Eastern and Central time zones.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Individual responsibility of the management of a large scale and complex projects. Plan and implement a project plan achieve goals and objectives of the project, as well as alignment of the overall business strategy. Develop the full scale project plans: define tasks, required resources, project dependencies, critical paths, and manage multiple simultaneous project schedules.
- Help to define project scope, goals, and deliverables on own projects as well as others as needed.
- Represent CTM in customer facing meetings and in collaboration with third party partners in reporting on the status of the project and reporting associated dependencies, risks and status.
- Maintain project milestone updates in an external shared multi-party project plan.
- Seek out efficiencies through effective management of projects across the organization, including the recommendation and execution of process changes.
- Ensure team members and stakeholders have a comprehensive understanding of the overall project deliverables.
- Serve as an escalation point for challenging project issues.
- Use a project management methodology and toolkit for consistent practices and standards.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of projects and growth of project management office.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coordinate project closure to distill best practice and ensure lessons learned are documented and followed.
- Conduct project phase retrospectives and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Manage expectations by regular communications to the business through reports on progress of project portfolio and individual project responsibility, as well as problems and solutions to stakeholder and senior management.
- Other duties as assigned.
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge and expertise in project management concepts, practices, strategies and technologies.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in using project management software tools.
- Working knowledge of business travel management platforms and practices would be of high value. Candidate doesn’t need to be proficient in the GDS or OBTs, but a working knowledge of managed business travel would be ideal.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the Company in a professional manner.
- Must possess strong people skills and ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability and desire to drive change that aligns with company strategy and goals.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities, with an eye for detail.
- Adaptability and ability to tolerate stress.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Desire to enhance knowledge and skills of self and others.
V. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and/or work experience required.
- 5+ years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, and working with complex flows and use cases.
- Experience in risk management and/or change management.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven track record working with Agile teams.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution experience
CORPORATE TRAVEL MANAGEMENT NORTH AMERICA INC
ConstructionView all jobs at CORPORATE TRAVEL MANAGEMENT NORTH AMERICA INC