Database Administrator (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for an experienced Senior Database Developer to make a difference the world's most innovative Corporate travel firm, Corporate Travel Management (CTM).
The Senior SQL Database Administrator is an opportunity for an individual with prior experience seeking new challenges and gaining broad database administration experience in a hybrid cloud environment. The ideal candidate will be well versed writing SQL, performance tuning, managing and standardizing stored procedures, indexes, and views. Other roles include the ability to support the daily administration, maintenance and management of the MS SQL Server on the cloud.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
This person will lead efforts in the design, development, and implementation of complex databases, often using new technologies. They will be responsible for managing multiple, complex database projects. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities leading team efforts. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Supports application development projects by helping lead in the creation of standards and procedures related to database management systems
- Implementation, administration, and usage of industry tools like SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Reporting Services, Google Bigquery
- Plan and manage capacity of database management systems
- Must have knowledge of IT concepts such as Database design, layout, structures, stored procedures, tables, optimization, TCP/IP, backup and restore, IT security concepts and practices
- Builds confidence and respect of others
- Help lead in the efforts to define database strategy, architecture, standards, and procedures to preserve the integrity and security of company data resources
- Proactive database performance monitoring and tuning, optimization of existing and creation of new database performance monitoring procedures
- Monitor and troubleshoot daily maintenance tasks in the SQL / Azure SQL environment, including logs
- Performance tuning of indexes. Ability to interpret and take action based on feedback from query plans
- Performs other job-related duties requiring the same general knowledge, skills and degree of responsibility equivalent to the assigned level
- Ensure appropriate jobs are scheduled to maintain nightly maintenance jobs
- Document of database configuration and on-going management of configuration, continuous review of existing and creation of new database processes and procedures, periodic entitlement reviews
- Experience with SSIS, SSRS and other ETL application support
- Ability to occasionally provide on-call support during off-business hours on regular days and the weekends
- 7+ years’ experience working in a database administrator capacity for on premise and cloud-based environments
- Extended knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server database platforms.
- Certifications in Azure. Experience with Cognitive Search Indexes a plus.
- Experience working with developers on database development and/or programming
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with minimal supervision
- Uses knowledge and resources to make informed decisions
- Demonstrate excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group, to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Interest or exposure to Python and Machine Learning.
CORPORATE TRAVEL MANAGEMENT NORTH AMERICA INC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?