- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who are we?
For more than 26 years, CorePlus has provided Puerto Rico with anatomical pathology laboratory services and clinical analysis with innovation and precision. Our commitment is, to be a leader in the transformation of pathology to the digital world.
In 2020 we deployed our digital pathology platform, being the first organization in Puerto Rico to make the transformation. Known worldwide for operationalizing the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the diagnosis of prostate and breast cancer, CorePlus stands out for being avant-garde.
If innovation and passion appeal to you, we invite you to join our mission and become part of our family; we offer excellent benefits including health plan, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and life insurance.
The Laboratory Pathology Assistant, under general supervision of a pathologist, independently performs or assists in the grossing of histology samples. The Laboratory Pathology Assistant must ensure that all quality control measures in the pre-analytic phase are met. These specimens are all potential biohazards, hence the importance of complying with proper handling standards.
Requirements and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Biology OR an earned associate degree in a laboratory science or medical laboratory technology, obtained from an accredited institution
• Strong computer knowledge including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Excel, and Power Point.
• Knowledge of pathology procedures, protocols, and techniques.
• In-depth knowledge of all regulations and standards promulgated by regulatory agencies, to include CLIA, Departamento de Salud, OSHA, Joint Commission, College of American Pathologists.
• Knowledge of tools, concepts, and methodologies of Laboratory Procedures
• Understand and observe the protocols of receiving specimens.
• Performs and/or assists pathologists in the grossing of the full range of anatomical specimens.
• Assists professional and technical staff in the performance of analytical tests by preparing test samples.
• Participates in the accessioning and labeling of specimens, specimen storage and disposal, and the maintenance of reagents and equipment.
• Effectively operate the cassette printers according to established protocols.
• Effectively operate the tissue processing equipment according to established protocols.
• Keep the work area clean and supplied with the necessary equipment and chemicals.
• Perform the daily cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
• Effectively and knowledgably perform grossing equipment troubleshooting.
• Perform biomedical disposal following the safety standards imposed by the company.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Keep the Laboratory Supervisor informed about all situations during the shift.
• Promote a safe laboratory environment.
Working Conditions/ Physical Activity:
- Working a regular shift from Monday to Friday, with occasional extended hours.
- Night shifts and weekends might be required
- The employee may occasionally lift and move materials up to 30 pounds
CorePlus is an equal employment/affirmative action opportunity employer. It does not discriminate against any qualified person on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.
Get fresh Anatomical Pathology jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.