JOB FUNCTION AND SCOPE
- This role supports the Manufacturing team in Milwaukee. The Maintenance Lead Technician supports maintenance team by maintaining production equipment, initiate a preventative maintenance program, and daily troubleshoots building machinery including PLC control applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. PLC experience (40%)- Serve as technical support in areas of electrical power, circuitry, relay & PLC logic, and computerized system controls
2. Initiate Preventative Maintenance Program (30%) – Working with the department supervisors, the Maintenance Lead directs and participates in scheduled maintenance on the various types of hydraulic, electromechanical and HVAC application equipment.
3. Build and debug new support system prototypes (20%) – Work with the Engineering team to develop new systems and machinery to eliminate waste on the production floor.
4. Exposure to vendor contract negation along with all other duties as assigned (10%)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Completion of Maintenance Apprenticeship or five years’ of work experience
· PLC exposure with two years of solid work experience
· Associates degree in Mechanic Studies
· Completion of PLC and robotic controls certification
· Employee Orientation
· Legal Compliance Calendar
· Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
· Uses higher level math skills associated with geometric shapes and not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of numbers, including decimals and fractions.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or scheduled form