Company Name: Confidential
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Location: North of Chicago
Do you want to join a true HR team at an established and growing company? Our Member Company just north of Chicago is looking for a dynamic bilingual Human Resource Assistant to perform all administrative and clerical functions related to Human Resources, Employment, Compensation and Benefits.
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence.
- Record data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, amount of sales or production, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
- Explain company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Provide assistance in administering employee benefit programs and worker's compensation plans.
- Answer questions regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
- The ability to effectively communicate with management and employees to handle questions and helping resolve work-related problems, escalating to the Director of HR when necessary.
- Keep track of annual performance reviews.
- Document scanning and uploading to the employee database.
- The ability to plan and conduct new employee orientation, including the administration of Onboarding new employees.
- Assists in data entry in the ADP employee database, including review and approve timecards.
- Ability to follow all HACCP and SQF policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- The ability to correctly process bi-weekly payroll.
- The ability to utilize and maintain the Payroll data to further support upper management.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time
- Recruiting, interviewing, selecting, hiring, and promoting employees in an organization.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the non-essential functions.
Education and Experience requirement:
- Associates degree and or prior HR experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years HR experience
- Problem Identification, Planning and Organizing
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish
- Ability to use all standard business programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Language and Mathematical Skills requirement:
- Fluent in Spanish-both written and spoken
- Excellent communication skills, writing and verbal
- Ability to do all basic math
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations requirement:
Why Work Here?
Family feel and dedicated to employee appreciation. Established and growing!