RUS Staking Engineer
- Over a month ago
Conexon is a rapidly growing company working with Rural Electric Cooperatives to build advanced fiber to the home (FTTH) networks nationwide. We are currently looking for an RUS Staking Engineer to join the Construction Management team.
We are looking for qualified candidates for onsite RUS staking sheet creation over multiple regional projects that have experience in all facets of design and construction of an electrical distribution network. This candidate should also have a strong understanding of the process to make the poles ready for fiber attachments, including NESC clearance guidelines. The RUS Staking Engineer must be organized and have good written and verbal communication skills to communicate with clients, cooperative members, and co-workers. Travel between projects is an essential requirement of this position.
- Make-ready evaluation and proposed solutions
- Electrical engineering or staking experience required
- Strong knowledge of electric distribution design and construction, including poles, devices, equipment and ability to change pole design or framing to suit fiber plant installation
- Understanding of RUS electric assembly units
- Understanding of construction work order processes and ability to read work orders preferred
- Knowledge of commonly used co-op staking software packages is a plus. (MapWise, Partner, Futura, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of NESC standards and clearances
- Understanding of FTTH construction
- Knowledge of utility attachments, ROW permitting, construction and quality control.
- Ability to read and navigate with electronic maps and GPS
- Strong mapping / GIS skills (Google Earth, ESRI, Partner, etc.) electric distribution mapping a plus
- Cost control for the client and Conexon
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work from a mobile office in the field – laptop, iPad, smartphone, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication
- Weekly status reporting
Company Benefits Include:
- Paid time off of up 3 weeks
- Full benefits (i.e. health, dental, and vision)
- $100K Life insurance at no cost to the employee
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance at no cost to the employee
- Retirement benefits of 7% match for 401K plan
- Flexible scheduling
2001 Grand BlvdKansas City, MO
EngineeringView all jobs at CONEXON
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?