Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Maintenance Leads will be required to work closely with the Maintenance Supervisors, Maintenance Planner/Schedulers, Maintenance Technicians, Operations Leads/Supervisors and various suppliers on a daily basis in order to execute and monitor all shift maintenance activities, including the day to day management of Maintenance Technicians, their on-going development and their response to customer needs.
The Maintenance Lead provides technical analysis and decision support to Maintenance Technicians on their assigned team. The Maintenance Lead is responsible for leading their crew, and assigning the scheduled activities and work to be accomplished on shift. An understanding of electrical/instrumentation and mechanical craft trades is required.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Actively promote plant safety and environmental programs and procedures that are in compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Support the implementation of reliability based maintenance elements in alignment with the corporate standards.
- Direct shift activities necessary for maintaining and repairing facility, grounds and structures.
- Direct shift activities necessary for completing plant preventive maintenance.
- Provide continual leadership and guidance to maintenance personnel for the purpose of increasing their effectiveness and establishing good working relationships.
- Promote an environment conducive to teams, teamwork, and line-driven accountability.
- Track, analyze and take corrective action to prevent equipment down time.
- Assist in the implementation of maintenance systems policies and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance resources for production related activities.
- Keep management informed of the status of maintenance issues impacting production and product deployment.
- Complete special projects, duties and assignments, as appropriate.
- Aware of food safety risks and escalates found risks to lead/supervisor.
Additionally, the following are required:
- Maintenance aptitude/background preferred.
- Experience in food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in facilities maintenance such as: HVAC, air compressors and electrical distribution preferred.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication, problem solving, organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, delegate and follow-up.
- Ability to use innovative approaches to resolve complex problems.
- Strong computer skills, including a proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on complex production processes.
- Ability to analyze data and information, and to make effective and timely decisions.
- Ability to work with others to identify opportunities.
- Ability to communicate at multiple levels both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency.
- Solid problem solving, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Proficient with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and experience with Infor EAM CMMS is preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
- Completion of a two year technical college degree program or Associate's Degree in Engineering, Facility Management or related curriculum or equivalent experience is required.
- A license in a skilled trade (i.e. electrical, plumbing or HVAC) is preferred.
- 3+ years manufacturing maintenance experience.
Rate of pay: $30.75 + $2.00/hour Shift Differential.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.