Systems Administrator and Network Engineer Technician
COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT SERV Akron, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Candidate must possess a network engineer level certification such as CISCO CCNA, VMWARE VCP, Linux Certified Administrator, or equivalent certifications.
· Basic understanding of virtualization operating systems (Hyper-V, VMWare, Citrix).
o Setup and install Hypervisor host.
o Setup Hosts in HA using Hyper-V or Vsphere server.
· Demonstrate ability to create, setup and configure Virtual Machine Servers.
· Demonstrate basic knowledge of SAN (Storage Area Network) principles.
o Setup and Configure LUNs.
o Setup Datastores.
· Advanced PowerShell or Bash Scripting.
o Must demonstrate the ability to create advanced scripts for network administration automation.
· Setup and configure Routers and Switches with Advanced configurations.
o Setup VLANs.
o Setup VPN tunnels with route-based policies.
o Setup switching and routing between physical and virtual environments.
o Work with Cisco, Juniper, pfSense, and other CLI based routers.
· Show ability to diagnose advanced networking problems using advanced tools.
o Wireshark, NetSpot (Wifi), tcpdump.
· Ability to scope and document potential projects.
· Advanced Windows Network Domain Configurations.
o Multiple Site Active Directory.
o Advanced DNS – Route 53.
o Setup Domain Replication, Roaming Profiles, Redirection.
· Setup and configure WiFi mesh networks using Meraki, Ubiquiti or equivalent tool.
· Basic knowledge of Linux or Unix based Operating systems.
· Setup and configure email servers. (Zimbra, Exchange,
Exchange Online, or other equivalent systems)
o Configure Outside Access.
o DNS MX Records, TXT Records, SPAM Filter.
· Advanced Network Management.
o Port Forwarding.
o Advanced NAT.
o Setup Routing (RIP, OSPF).
o Setup and configure VPN tunnels.
· Ability to work with Outside Vendors to diagnose and resolve application problems due to network issues.
· Understanding of VOIP protocols.
· Intermediate Windows Active Directory knowledge.
o Setup and configure Windows Server.
o Create Basic AD Structure.
o Setup and configure Windows DNS.
o Windows Shares and Permissions.
o Login Scripts.
· Intermediate knowledge of TCP / IP concepts.
o DNS, TCP vs UDP, ICMP, basic IP routing, NAT, VLAN.
o Understand OSI Layer model.
· Ability to setup and configure Firewalls (SonicWall, Barracuda, CISCO, pfSense)
· Basic PowerShell and scripting knowledge for automated system administration.
· Ability to use NOC to connect and remotely diagnose issues.
· Ability to setup and configure Wireless Access Points.
· Ability to work independently with clients, and work with higher level technicians on projects, and project tasks.
· Basic knowledge of Email systems. Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose client side email problems. Knowledge of email protocols IMAP, POP, ActiveSync.
· Ability to diagnose advanced Windows problems with applications, and interactions with servers.
· Setup and configure switches with basic configuration.
· Demonstrate knowledge of basic Switch configuration parameters.
o Port negotiation.
o Spanning Tree.
o Duplex (Full vs Half).
o Basic Switch administration.
· Ability to image and stage large amounts of PCs.
· Basic Knowledge of Network, and application security standards.
We offer core competencies in Disaster Recovery Strategies, Corporate Email, Virtualization and Cloud Solutions, Fully Managed IT Services, Website and Software Development, Search Engine Optimization, Website Marketing solutions, Network Design & Security.
COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT SERVWhy Work Here?
CTMS is a small but fast growing firm where you can take your IT career to another level.
CTMS is an all-encompassing, full service IT firm specializing in bringing advanced technologies to the workplace while maintaining an intelligent business continuity plan. We offer core competencies in Disaster Recovery Strategies, Corporate Email, Virtualization and Cloud Solutions, Fully Managed IT Services, Website and Software Development, Search Engine Optimization, Website Marketing solutions, Network Design & Security.
231 Springside DriveAkron, OH
TechnologyView all jobs at COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT SERV