As a Compassus nurse, you have the autonomy to utilize your nursing skills. You are invited into patients' homes and lives during trying times and have the honor to become a trusted face. For many of our team members, this is more than a career- it's a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today as a Nurse Practitioner to positively impact the experiences of patients and families.
The Nurse Practitioner functions as an extension of the Interdisciplinary Team and hospice physician to provide routine recertification and emergency assessments, educational and evaluative services to meet the needs of patients and their families. As the Nurse Practitioner, you will help the patient and family maintain their maximum level of comfort and coping and flex your schedule to meet agency visit needs.
- Perform routine and emergency assessments
- Provide physical and emotional care to support the patient and family in period of crisis
- Perform routine and emergency assessments related to outpatient palliative care visits
- Communicate with the Medical Director, Attending Physician, Director of Clinical Services and Interdisciplinary Team
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel to patient homes and nursing facilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Education, Experience, and Certifications
Nurse Practitioner with a current nurse practitioner license in state of employment. Minimum one year nursing practice or equivalent experience required. Hospice, Oncology, or Home Health and/or long-term care preferred. Must have a valid driver's license and auto liability insurance.
- All States except Iowa: Current collaborative physician agreement in place.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Join our Talent Network at the link below to stay up to date on our current openings.