A global leader in in the cosmetic industry is seeking a hands-on Sr. Production Supervisor.
Directing all of production, warehouse, and maintenance departments. This person oversees the filling, assembly, and packaging of cosmetic products primarily in sampling and with some retail forms in a fast-paced multi-shift contract manufacturing environment. The production process includes various levels of automation and some manually intensive pack outs that are dependent on product technology and order quantity size.
· Ensure that the entire production process, including receiving, materials movement, production, and shipping is well coordinated, safe, of high quality, and cost effective
· Develop cross functional teams who are engaged, aligned, and structured, to meet customer demand changes, and expedites.
· Be a major presence out on the production floor and oversee the daily manufacturing process, ensuring KPI’s of labor and equipment efficiency and performance are met or exceeded.
· Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practices.
· Utilize the maintenance function to drive equipment set up effectiveness, and line uptime. Ensure that change and spare parts are available and accessible.
· Utilize the warehouse function to timely process incoming and outgoing shipments while fully supporting production related processes of picking, staging, and reconciliation.
· Optimize resource utilization by implementation of an effective production organization.
· Work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals.
· Develop and track improvement in reduction of planned production hours.
· Coordinate set up and implement SOP’s for production &operations.
· Ensure complete compliance to prescribed QMS, GMP’s and Lean Manufacturing process.
· Track competencies of hourly employees and provide leadership and development as required to achieve the objectives.
Why Work Here?
Great place to work!