Sr Buyer Planner
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Sr Buyer/Planner will perform both purchasing and planning activities for manufacturing/production. The key functions include manufacturing planning, team/vendor communication and evaluation, and inventory forecasting and control. The Buyer Planner will also participate in interdepartmental business planning, product lifecycle, and inventory management, as well as tracking individual and team performance relative to strategic goals. Specifically, this candidate will operate in a hands-on role executing purchasing and planning actions while also supporting stockroom activities including kitting, inventory counts, other miscellaneous materials control activities.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with existing suppliers; evaluate and select new vendors. Work with suppliers to reduce order quantities while increasing order frequency to help with working capital and reduce risk on obsolescence issues.
• Proactively improve supplier On-Time Delivery. Identify supplier key metrics and implement improvement processes.
• Participate in the sales and operations planning process to ensure incoming material meets product volume and mix requirements.
• Participate in the design for manufacturing and value analysis/value engineering initiatives.
• Plan, purchase, manage resources/vendors and all inventories (FG, WIP, Raw) to achieve team and business goals to support manufacturing.
• Apply the latest planning and information management tools, search out and leverage best-practices, and participate in ongoing skills training.
• Maintain strong lines of communication with teammates, vendors, accounting, IT, QA, customer service and distribution to ensure that all ideas and issues are addressed.
• Maintain all material control-related systems to reflect changes of internal and external customer demand.
• Work with peers on inventory and logistics planning of new products, inventory forecasting/reduction, strategic yearly cost reduction initiatives, and continuous improvement of quality systems.
• Optimize and balance inventory levels to maximize key metrics; inventory turns, component availability and cost, transportation costs; limit excess and obsolete inventory.
• Ensure that materials are purchased at lowest cost, in specified quantity and quality, within scheduled dates while maintaining or improving component quality.
• Participate in the Manage Material Review Board (MRB) process and have responsibility for material quality, supply chain quality, and delivery performance.
• Make recommendations on material cost reductions, value analysis, and value engineering opportunities driving analysis and approval.
• Follow-up and expediting of vendor deliveries when necessary.
• Develop and maintain accurate standard costs for all purchase components and assemblies.
• Advise management of industry competitive situations, alternative supply sources, commodity price trends and supply/demand situations.
• Perform all above duties in accordance with applicable directives and company policies.
• BS degree preferred, in materials management, business, or logistics a plus
• Minimum of 4+ year of experience of production planning in a manufacturing environment and purchasing of materials
• Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of data management, manufacturing forecasting, production planning, project management, and purchasing
• APICS certification preferred but not required
• Demonstrated ability to work in and be challenged by a team-based environment, which places a high degree of emphasis on accountability for customer service levels, inventory management, cost reduction, and quality compliance.
• Effective verbal and written negotiation and communications skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Highly developed problem-solving, analysis, and decision-making skills.
BusinessView all jobs at COMPANY
Get fresh Purchasing Planner jobs daily straight to your inbox!