Sales & Use Tax Accounting Lead
COMPANY Paramus, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Sales & Use Accounting Lead will serve as the primary point of contact for sales & use tax control and oversee the preparation of all states monthly, quarterly, and annual sales tax returns. This position will report to the CFO.
• Preparation of all states monthly, quarterly, and annual sales tax returns.
• Research all sales/use tax laws with various states to assure that the company is collecting and remitting the appropriate tax for all products sold and services provided to our customers.
• Identify areas of improvement for current sales and use tax processes.
• Introduce recommendations; plan for strengthening overall infrastructure and capabilities both short-term and long-term.
• Work with internal customer support teams to educate and reduce risk for sales and use tax audits.
• Manage sales and use tax audits
• Work with internal teams to ensure improvements are implemented in a timely and accurate manner.
• Manage the process for reviewing and approving all customer tax exempt certificates before applying to account.
• Oversee the maintenance of the customer tax exempt filing system.
• Run and research month end reports for all states for Accounting to prepare and files sales tax returns.
• Reconcile sales and use tax liability with general ledger accounts monthly.
• Ensure that the company has paid or accrued all tax on purchases made from our vendors.
• Conduct system testing and coordinate the setting up of taxability of any new products or services in database.
• Research and respond to customer questions on sales tax billed on invoices or exempt laws.
• Work with IT for software problems and/or testing of sales tax (incl. checking log files to ensure that all systems are connected).
• Review audit reports for both customer and purchasing taxability on master record and material master records.
• Correct any master records that were set up or modified incorrectly.
• Communicate with all areas of the company regarding sales tax issues or compliance.
• Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience with multi-state Sales & Use Tax returns
• CPA or MBA preferred but not required
• Ability to work well independently
• Advanced Excel skills inclusive of Pivot Tables & V-lookups
COMPANYWhy Work Here?
Great place to work with tremendous opportunities.