Leading automotive aftermarket organization has a career-level opening for a full time Purchasing Agent. For this position, we are seeking a dynamic individual to take ownership of the job role as noted below. The ideal candidate must be a results-oriented, multi-tasker and must be highly experienced in utilizing MRP systems. Qualified candidates must possess the ability to effectively handle competing/changing priorities with keen attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines. Interest in the automotive industry and strong proficiency with S2K/AS400 MRP is preferred.
- Manage the assigned vendor portfolio ensuring transparency of spending
- Ensuring product data is held to exacting company/industry standards in MRP system
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and supply chain category strategies
- Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure
- Create negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
- Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques
- Discover and partner with trustworthy vendors and suppliers
- Must effectively organize and prioritize daily work-flow and monitor performance standards to maximize efficiency of operations
- Planning and maintaining accurate inventory levels and control to assure 100% customer service levels while minimizing the corporation's financial exposure
- Analyze inventory and resolve discrepancies
- Quoting, purchasing, and ordering of raw materials, components, assemblies, tooling and equipment
- Interacting with key suppliers and cross functional in-house teams
- Negotiating prices for one-time purchases as well as strategic price agreements
- BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- Minimum of five (5) years related sourcing experience with evidence of increasing responsibility preferred
- Strong proficiency with MRP software platforms. Experience with S2K/AS400 platform preferred.
- Previous experience as a buyer in mid to large company environment
- Verifiable experience with global sourcing projects
- Experience in automotive work environment preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent organizational skills in order to establish priorities identify and set goals, meet deadlines, etc.
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions
Competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) and benefits are provided. Benefits for full-time employees include medical insurance and paid vacations/holidays. Pre-employment online skill set assessment, drug screening and background check required. This position is located in our Olive Branch, MS distribution center.