We are seeking a Mental Health Therapist to join our team! Our professional services organization needs a motivated, licensed graduate or licensed professional Counselor to help our clients build coping mechanisms for trauma, stress and deal with issues that affect their mental health and well-being. You’ll work as part of a team Professional Counselors, Social Workers, and Case Managers working holistically, using a wellness model which highlights and encourages our client’s strengths. The ideal candidate will provide personalized plans designed to help our clients and survivors of crime meet their short and long-term personal goals.
Focused on self-care, our typical 4-day work schedule is 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, Thursday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., with the occasional weekend meetings or crisis appointment.
- Work with individuals, groups, couples, families, and communities to improve mental health and assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life and making changes.
- Encourage clients to express and discuss emotions and experiences and help to develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
- Examine issues including substance abuse, aging, bullying, anger management, careers, depression, relationships, LGBTQ issues, self-image, stress and suicide
- Help clients define goals, plan action and gain insight
- Participate in crisis in-home visitation program.
- Develop, prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports
- Work with assigned case managers in order to coordinate other required services.
- Master’s level degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling
- Maryland Licensed as LGPC, LICSW or LPC - Bilingual Counselors are needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to empathize with clients
- Ability to leverage internal and external resources as part of a client treatment plan
- 1-2 years of experience in mental health counseling or other related fields
- Knowledge or sand, play and or trauma-focused modalities a plus
- Ability to build rapport with clients