- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Commercial Plastics Nebraska is a medium sized company located in Waverly, Nebraska with a wide range of injection molding presses. We are known for supplying innovative packaging to a variety of consumer oriented companies.
Due to Growth - We are currently hiring in our Waverly, NE manufacturing plant for the following:
Shipping / Receiving Clerk
Monday – Friday
7:30am – 4:00pm
Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and ships items by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Maintain accurate transactions of inventory movement. Enter inventory transactions in current manufacturing inventory software.
• Compares identifying information and counts, weighs or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
• Determines methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering temperature, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities and required space.
• Prepares periodic, special or perpetual inventory of stock.
• Affixes shipping labels on paced cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons. Marks identifying codes, figures or letters on articles.
• Develops and applies a working knowledge of products and raw materials to facilitate operations.
• Posts weights and UPS shipping charges. Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
• Timely distributes stock and raw materials among production workers, keeping accurate records of material used. Moves or transports material or supplies to other departments. Routes items to appropriate personnel.
• Operate lift truck or uses pallet jack to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area. Reports any equipment operating issues immediately to the Manager.
• Examines incoming shipments for damages and shortages; notes discrepancies on bill of lading; notifies appropriate personnel.
• Assist in the training of new and/or temporary employees.
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment following safety procedures and policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in warehousing/inventory control preferred
- Previous fork lift / fork truck operator experience preferred (certification can be expired)
- Ability to read and comprehend packing slips, shipping documents, instructions.
- Ability to recognize and match numbers and series of numbers quickly and accurately
- Ability to communicate, verbal or written.
- Ability to solve practical problems and make decisions within the scope of authority
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer & typing skills
- Attention to detail and willingness to follow instructions
Physical & Mental requirements:
- This position will require ongoing walking, sitting, standing, and handling of production piece parts.
- Light lifting of product, boxes, pallets, may be required up to (50lbs. max.)
- Individual must be able to work under the pressure of deadlines. Multi-task oriented and ability to work with teams or self-governed.
Working Conditions requirements:
This position will work both in the warehouse areas, as well as in the production areas.
- There may be exposure to noise, dust, and fumes in the production areas
- Commercial Plastics Company is not climate-controlled manufacturing facility. Working in elevated heat or cold conditions may be required.
- Steel toed /safety shoes are required for this position.
What can Commercial Plastics offer you?
• Opportunity to work for a stable, family owned, growing company
• Comprehensive benefits package - Medical/Dental/Vision
• 401k with company match
• Life Insurance
• Short/Long Term Disability
• Paid Vacation and Holidays; shift differential pay
• Air Conditioned Production floor
If you possess a positive attitude, related experience, strong work ethic and are a team-player, than we would like to speak with you!
COMMERCIAL PLASTICS NEBRASKA
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Industrial Forklift Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.