COMANCO has an excellent career opportunity for a Fleet Shop Foreman!
A successful Fleet Shop Manager provides leadership to the Shop Technicians on a daily basis. The Shop Manager ensures that all equipment is repaired and serviced in a timely and cost effective manner, while maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the workflow of subordinate employees
- Prepare work orders in the software system for all incoming repairs and scheduled maintenance.
- Manage open work orders setting and revising priorities as needed
- Assist the Dispatcher in selecting the proper heavy equipment for field use
- Evaluate heavy equipment repairs, and assign to mechanics or outsource as needed
- Ensure that all preventative maintenance is performed at the required intervals.
- Utilize our software system to ensure that all repair and preventative records are complete and up to date at all times.
- Ensure that work is performed in a safe, clean, and orderly environment.
- Inspect all incoming equipment for necessary repairs and maintenance.
- Communicate with Operations team the status of down equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment is properly marked prior to leaving the shop for field use. (Unit Numbers, COMANCO Decals, etc)
- Take charge, act proactively, and remain in control of the Shop operations.
- Assumes ownership of the Fleet Shop's success.
- Lead others by example and "sets the pace".
- Embrace challenging projects and situations. Adapt to changes quickly and inspire others.
- Follow through on assignments with little supervision.
- Perform well under pressure and demanding schedules.
- Recognize and solve issues effectively and quickly.
- Be willing to "go the extra mile" when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fleet Manager should have working knowledge and skills in the following:
- High school diploma or GED plus technical/trade training & certifications
- Minimum of four years of experience in the construction trade and equipment management/repair.
- Trained and knowledgeable in the use of all equipment
- Possess the ability to work constructively with people.
- Ability to communicate job requirements and safety standards to the crew.
COMANCO offers a competitive compensation and benefit program, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Short term disability plan paid by COMANCO
- Basic Life insurance paid by COMANCO
- Voluntary life insurance for employees and their dependents
- Voluntary Accident and Critical Illness Coverage
- 401(k) Plan and Company Matching Funds
- Vacation pay
- Employee Referral Award
- Anniversary Recognition Program
- Wellness Program with incentives and rewards
- Employee Professional Development Program and Training
Drug free workplace
COMANCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro