COLOR is looking to hire a game capture specialist/director in the Seattle area. We're currently looking for Contract hires with the potential to turn into a full time role.
Our growing team is looking for an experienced artist to manage, lead and execute capture sessions in a variety of games. The ability to manage both creative choreography and the technical aspects of the game is critical. From managing various debug tools to working around bugs and WIP art, this role demands an attention to detail and creative resourcefulness.
Responsibility and Duties:
- Work with game developers to understand the process for capturing exciting gameplay
- Help identify and communicate tools and debug commands that will assist and improve captures
- Run large gameplay sessions, directing both large and small groups of players and capturing via free cam
- Will be responsible for maximizing the quality and fidelity of WIP video games
- Create shot lists and develop choreographed moments to best showcase the game
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years working in the video game industry as a capture artist is required
- A deep knowledge of video game graphics, textures, lighting, and tools is required
- A strong sense of general cinematography and photography is a must
- Experience with 2D or 3D animation software, preferably camera animation
- Familiarity with operating a Ninja Inferno or Shogun Inferno required
- Experience with Unreal, Lumberyard or other game engines is a plus
- Video editing experience is appreciated but not required
- Passionate about leading the way in creative content production with a strong sense of visual storytelling and style.
- An eye for detail and proven ability to manage projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and the ability to collaborate with different levels of management and creative teams
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to navigate, manage and address enterprise level corporate feedback
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills