COLOR is seeking a 3D artist to own the creation of still key art for an upcoming video game release. Experience with the Lumberyard Engine and workflows involving video game assets is a must. This job will involve taking raw game assets (ex. pre-posed character assets) and migrating them to a 3D application to create high quality key art and marketing materials. We’re looking for somebody who can own this process front-to-back, from initial asset through final polished deliverable. This is a short-term contract position, with a project window of roughly April through August. Pay to be negotiated based on skillset.
Please be local to the Seattle area, and make sure to provide links to your portfolio or relevant pieces.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Ingesting raw game assets into a 3D application where they can be manipulated
- Positioning, lighting, and framing 3D models for key art
- Touching up of textures using Substance Painter or similar
- Final polish (grading, lighting tweaks, cleanup) in Photoshop
- Working with an art director to develop and maintain a consistent style across all deliverables
- Working with producers and a project lead to keep to a delivery schedule, and quickly communicating any issues and potential solutions as they arise
- Implementing feedback, both from the internal team and the client
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 2+ years game industry experience required
- Have an eye for detail and proven ability to manage projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work both as a team and independently
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills