Systems Engineer - Wargaming and VV&A Lead
Job Summary: The System Engineer (SE) leads, evaluates, designs, implements, integrates, and tests new system features and functionalities for wargaming simulators and tools. The focus of this SE will direct and oversee the team’s Verification, Validation, and Accreditation (VV&A) workgroup as the chair to continue development and eventually implement a strategy and process used to vet future warfighting capabilities and integrate them into a wargaming system of systems. The candidate leads and hosts weekly VV&A workgroup meetings, sends out notes, takes and assigns action items, and follows-up on actions. The SE works with SMEs and engineers to facilitate designing, implementing, assessing, and executing tests according to the VV&A process so that results are captured and understood. Upon implementing the VV&A strategy and process, SE is responsible for the creation and sustainment of VV&A documentation artifacts with a focus on the models catalog, data catalog, and algorithms manual. The SE will manage VV&A activities using an integrated task list which outlines task descriptions, assignments, and due dates. In parallel, as the Technical Lead, the candidate will lead a team of primarily software engineers with various tasks, building, developing and maintaining specific software, support for software testing, DevSecOps, Information Assurance (IA)-Cyber tasking and Quality Assurance (QA), etc., in support of project objectives.
Essential Job Functions: The SE collaborates with internal and external team members to develop and test implementations of new features and functions. Assists escalating critical issues as needed. Reviews artifacts to verify and validate functionality and security of all systems and performance metrics. Develops comprehensive and clear documentation in English; creates supporting diagrams, tables, and presentations. Produces, maintains, and presents design documentation such as, system architecture, integration activities, SW baselines, Quality Assurance (QA) artifacts, test plans and procedures, and of standard operating procedures and solutions to new or unknown issues. Assists, ongoing, mapping requirements, systems level tests, and other engineering documentation artifacts to VV&A activities.
Knowledge and experience with the following would be a distinct advantage:
- Experience as a systems engineer
- Expert knowledge of the software development processes
- Experience with M&S systems, simulators, and tools
- Experience with DoD VV&A activities
- Experience documenting modeling capabilities, data, and/or algorithms
- Experience with test approaches and tools
- Proven ability to lead a technical team and teammates composed of a variety of contractors developing different solutions.
- Respond professionally, effectively, and efficiently to the Project Manager and customer service requests.
- Prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills.
- Professionally convey system-wide performance information routinely via tools such as PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Train others to perform, author, configure, or operate various tasks.
- Interact with developers to understand software changes that will impact development and testing activities, examine any relevant change implementation, then report the changes to developers and testers welcoming feedback for future improvements.
- Operating and maintaining computer and peripheral equipment safely and competently.
- Solving technical problems involving a variety of integrated software and hardware platforms.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
Knowledge and experience with the following would be an additional advantage:
- Experience with or ability to learn virtualization, VMware vCenter and ESXi.
- Experience with or ability to learn containerization, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of VMware, Linux, Microsoft, and other vendors’ best practices.
- Prior or current DevSecOps experience.
- Prior or current experience with Agile development.
- Prior technical leadership experience
- Software development experience
- DevSecOps, security, Agile, VMware, Microsoft, and any other relevant certification
- Knowledge of or experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF), DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), and National Institute of Standards And Technology (NIST) or similar best practices and security guidelines
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science in Computer Information Technology and Systems Management with 6+ years of experience. DoD environment VV&A or testing experience.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U. S. Citizenship status with ability to obtain a SECRET to TOP SECRET security clearance. Security Clearance requirements will be specified in the Government's Task Order.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. The above is intended to describe the general contents of and requirements for the performance of this job.
Cole Engineering Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, membership in an employee organization, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws.
COLE ENGINEERING SERVICES INCOrlando, FL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.