Lead Software Design Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Summary: This opportunity is part of a software development project creating the next generation of Hybrid OnPrem/Cloud resource abstraction and management layer for Cyber Ranges. Cole Engineering is the Lead Systems Integrator for the Persistent Cyber Training Environment, the largest Cyber Range platform in the world. We have a need to scale the platform as our user base and the threats in this space increase. We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer/Architect to help design and implement the platforms interfaces, APIs and resource management business logic. This position requires hands on in both the architecture and the implementation of the solutions. This team will be working with the Range Engine and UI teams to deliver a complete solution to the customer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and create an API middleware that abstracts the underlying resources from the applications running on the platform.
- Create business logic that allows for complex cost/benefit analysis to provide best value to our customers.
- Build a team of SW Engineers as an independent and empowered Lead Engineer
- Ability to perform many duties involving DevSecOps functions including, but not limited to, authoring and maintaining automation deployment and monitoring scripts, developing and maintaining security controls and systems, managing virtualized assets, creating virtual configurations, servers, communications, and test and developer engineering support.
- Must be able to author and maintain scripts in a variety of languages. Work products must be configuration managed.
- Assures system stability, accessibility, and proper configuration of assigned technical systems and components.
- Provide a complete set of documentation on how another team may utilize the API and middleware to achieve platform integration.
- Extensive experience in designing, contributing and developing middleware/Event driven API architectures.
- 3+ years of experience with Gitlab CI, ArgoCD, Kuberentes.
- 5+ years experience programming with at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a closely related computer technical field.
- Experience with working on large scalable, reliable critical production systems.
- Experience implementing DevSecOps, DevOps, or IT or Security automation supporting multiple teams.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement cloud vendor best practices.
- Our environments are primarily built with VMware, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Linux, and AWS.
- Experience with private and hybrid cloud design/operation/monitoring/deployment:
- VMware vCenter and ESXi, generally maintained at the most current version.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) On Prem, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn OpenShift.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn VMware Orchestrator to automate deployment and destruction of virtual machine, network, and other virtualized assets in VMware environments.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Amazon Web Services.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills.
- Professionally convey system-wide performance information routinely via tools such as PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Train others to perform similar DevSecOps and automation tasks. Support a corporate library of knowledge by maintaining and evangelizing content.
- Interact with developers to understand software changes that will impact development and testing activities, examine any relevant change implementation, then report the changes to developers and testers welcoming feedback for future improvements.
- Familiarity with cloud vendors’ products, tools, and APIs such as: VMware, CentOS/RedHat, Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Azure, and others.
- Ability to design and implement self-service portals for conducting DevSecOps or IT related activities.
- Linux OS containerizing experience for deploying, monitoring, and managing containers in a VMware environment.
- Prior or current experience with Agile development processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as engineering, computer science, systems or software engineering from an accredited college or university
- Eight (8) years’ experience solving complex Department of Defense engineering and technical problems in a senior level role.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. The above is intended to describe the general contents of and requirements for the performance of this job.
COVID-19 vaccinations or booster requirements and testing are subject to the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements; testing is at the cost of the employee.
Cole Engineering Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, membership in an employee organization, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws.
COLE ENGINEERING SERVICES INC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?