- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Summary: Candidate will work with an experienced team of cybersecurity, software, DevOps, IT infrastructure and systems engineers to support the development, operations and security of a complex, distributed hybrid (on prem and cloud) system. The intern will be given hands on engineering tasks and will participate as a part of the team. The intern will gain practical experience with Agile system development using industry standard tools such as Jira and Confluence, and will learn and apply technical tools and approaches to solve real world technical problems.
There are multiple positions available that align with software development, cybersecurity, IT and other related areas of expertise. Job functions defined below will be tailored to the candidate’s skillset and the specific position that is filled.
Essential Job Functions: These activities will occur over time and as experience is gained. It is not expected that the candidate will have expertise across this broad set of job functions at the start of employment.
- Operate in a virtualized and cloud based environment
- Utilize VMWare tools to manage connections to virtual hosts and analyze resource utilization
- Access virtual VM and/or cloud hosts to execute commands, perform analyses, and retrieve files.
- Operate in a predominately Linux environment
- Basic CLI proficiency
- Execute and maintain Linux compatible scripts
- Independently execute technical tasking
- Maintain progress metrics
- Report status on regular intervals
- Author and maintain technical documentation
- Perform trade studies to compare Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) options for a technical solution that best fits program needs.
- Develop software applications and system automation (configuration as code) utilizing a variety of industry leading programming languages and tools
- Utilize software configuration management tools and processes
- Manage containerized applications
- Start and stop the applications via CLI commands on Linux host.
- Update application configurations via yaml format specifications
- Evaluate and document cybersecurity vulnerabilities
- Evaluate and implement DISA STIGs
- Support the patching and analysis of physical and virtualized hosts
- Write and manage automation scripts in varying languages
- Evaluate enterprise level network, compute, and storage solutions
- Support the assembly and management of on prem servers in a data center environment
- Configuration, management and monitoring of on prem and cloud based IT infrastructure
- Networking (e.g. Cisco devices)
- Storage (e.g. NetApp)
- Virtualization/Cloud software Infrastructure (e.g. VMware vSphere, Azure, AWS)
- Ability to work as a member of a technical team to complete complex software and systems projects
- A strong interest and curiosity in cybersecurity, software and IT related technologies
- Ability to work part time while continuing to perform strongly in course work leading towards a cybersecurity, computer engineering/science or IT related degree.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical discipline such as cybersecurity, computer engineering, computer science or information technology from an accredited college or university.
Other Requirements: Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U. S. Citizenship status with ability to obtain a SECRET to TOP SECRET security clearance. Security Clearance requirements will be specified in the Government's Task Order.
Position requires COVID 19 full vaccination or willingness to test as required by the customer; testing is at the cost of the individual.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. The above is intended to describe the general contents of and requirements for the performance of this job.
CCole Engineering Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, membership in an employee organization, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws.
COLE ENGINEERING SERVICES INC
Get fresh Devops Software Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.