The Auxiliary Group is a fast-paced group of professionals providing resources to pharmaceutical grade, vertically integrated cannabis companies in their pursuit of rapid growth. There are a lot of opportunities to learn, grow and evolve into higher level positions as our company continues to expand. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and eager to jump into new projects.
The Shipping & Inventory Manager is responsible for the ongoing management and accuracy of inventory levels in the processing facility. They also serve as the lead in coordinating outbound shipments and raw material deliveries. This role will work with secure transport companies and directly with customers to minimize order cancelations and discrepancies and to maximize shipping efficiencies.
This position will have responsibilities that require direct interaction with the statewide monitoring system and must be trained and diligent about minimizing errors and following SOPs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
o Coordinate with licensed secure transport companies to arrange and prioritize shipments
o Accurately prepare and track shipment manifests in the statewide monitoring system
o Work with the sales team to aid in verifying the accuracy of orders and invoices before shipment
o Pack, Label, and seal outgoing shipments per state requirements and have ready for secure transport arrival to streamline the process and minimize costs
o Coordinate and restock inventory from canceled or returned orders
o Organize, and oversee the proper storage of product and raw material inventory
o Monitor inventory levels and prepare purchase orders for replenishment
o Conduct random inspections of case packs to ensure product is properly packaged, labeled, and counted
o Validate inventory levels against the statewide monitoring system
o Coordinate with the accounting team to perform standard physical inventories
o Work with the Operations Director to coordinate production scheduled based on sales numbers and inventory levels
o Coordinate delivery of all incoming product & materials
o Validate caregiver credentials via state issued ID, ensure an executed contract and w9 is on file for each caregiver delivery
o Ensure all incoming product and materials have been properly recorded in the internal company system
The Shipping & Inventory Manager reports directly to the Operations Director. As a role that will interact with customers and vendors directly, they’ll need to coordinate with and represent the company on behalf of the Sales, Accounting, and QA department.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Strong understanding in supply chain logistics and inventory management
· Experience with the Michigan Cannabis Statewide Monitoring System, specifically dealing with shipping manifests and package management
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Strong computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office
· Understanding of budgeting and reporting
· OSHA, and FDA knowledge a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / ENVIRONMENT
· Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear; use close, color and peripheral vision; ability to adjust focus
· Frequently required to walk, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; use distance vision; depth perception
· Occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; work in wet or humid conditions, in high places and outdoor weather conditions; exposed to fumes or airborne particles
· The noise level is usually moderate