Job Summary: The Auxiliary Group is a fast-paced group of professionals providing resources to pharmaceutical grade, vertically integrated cannabis companies in their pursuit of rapid growth. We are looking for a creative graphic designer to help rapidly launch product lines, perform various online marketing tactics, and ultimately keep our brands in Michigan moving in an upward trajectory. There are tons of opportunities to learn, grow and evolve into higher level positions as our company continues to rapidly expand. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and eager to jump into new projects. Candidates who are true creatives and want to utilize their skills in a fun, brand new industry will truly thrive here.
What You Will Be Doing
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales teams to translate goals into winning and impact marketing campaigns.
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met.
- Execute deliverables in a timely manner.
- Create collateral, presentations, diagrams, charts, digital ads, social media graphics, trade show properties and other images for use in both digital and print mediums.
- Assist with a variety of marketing-related visual assets that are in line with our visual style guides.
- Demonstrate sophisticated knowledge of graphic design principles, including potential, as well as limitations, of online and offline media.
- Be an innovative thinker staying ahead of creative techniques, trends and tools to apply best practices for creative projects.
- Utilize your natural creativity to be an asset for team members to lean on.
Email/Web and Mobile Design
- Optimize existing designs in addition to new design creation, with the goal to continuously expand on a cohesive customer experience.
- Create and edit websites.
- Produce digital graphics for web, email and social media campaigns.
- Collaborate with other team members to help copywrite for some product descriptions, direct response letters, and more.
- Work with other marketing personnel to design and print production artwork for product packaging, MRA-compliant labels (will be educated on this), sales tools, exhibit signage, retail signage, marketing/sales collateral, and promotional items.
- Create concepts and mock-ups for review and critique.
- Keep up to date on the newest design trends, colors, and methods.
- Edit photos, such as cropping and retouching in Photoshop.
- Hold best practices for developing digital creative in the form of original photography/videography.
- Assist in photoshoots from a creative perspective and communicate with the team.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Graphic Design or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- Minimum 4 years experience designing for web and digital.
- Strong experience in Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Premiere)
- Competency in HTML, CSS, and Wordpress knowledge is a plus.
- Comfortable working in PowerPoint or Google Slides creating collaborative templates and presentations.
- Communication and organizational skills to maintain a consistently high brand standard.
- Experience in showing stakeholders what they can achieve with a specified project budget.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and “get it done”
- An eye for our aesthetic and tone.
- Experience in copywriting at some level is preferred.
- Photo retouching/photography experience preferred.
- A general understanding of strategic marketing initiatives.
We offer a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative place to work & grow as well as vacation, medical, dental, 401K matching and other benefits. Our company culture fosters responsibility, relationships, and communication. We like to win, and we like to win as a team.