Michigan's Leader within the cannabis business, on pace to surpass $68M yearly revenue. Our business spans the entire state of Michigan and would include overseeing all business units. COEUS has 3 major business units; Grow operations, Processing, and Provisional Centers. The Director of Operations will be responsible for ensuring the company’s every day operational activities run smoothly and effectively. This role develops and implements new methods to achieve cost savings while delivering best practices in strategic sourcing, vendor selection, negotiation, value chain analysis, requisitions, and supply consolidation across the Company. The Director of Operations executes an integrated strategy related to current and future needs and global distribution that delivers low cost, high quality products and industry-leading flexibility, quality and customer satisfaction. Cannabis experience is not necessary.
Essential Function, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operations and managing best practices with a strong emphasis on Lean process and asset utilization; ensure the development of systems and procedures for operating and managing physical facilities and products in a profitable manner.
- Responsible and accountable for the efficient operation of the Company’s integration sites.
- Manage a system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met.
- Forecast demand and establish effective inventory approach that increases efficiency and reduces inventory costs.
- Measure financial metrics that support and help with strategic decision-making.
- Participate with senior management in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives related to supply chain management.
- Ensure quality management system, processes and procedures are implemented throughout functional groups.
- Establishing customer service standards for all accounts, implementing and communicating these standards to all personnel. Maintain appropriate contact with all accounts and respond to requests when required.
- Lead and coach team to drive high performance culture that accommodates rapid and dynamic growth with results in operational excellence and high employee engagement.
- Ability to handle stress, focus, give attention to detail & learn new task quickly.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
COEUS provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within Supply Chain, Logistics and Manufacturing including multinational experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manager or director level role is preferred.
- Ability to discuss a wide range of topics from business strategy to the tactical execution of that strategy.
- Must be analytical, motivated and eager to dive into the data.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, motivational, analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to build cross-functional partnerships and engage in and lead cross-functional teams and initiatives
- Strong change management skills and experience
- Demonstrated negotiation and management leadership skills
- Strategic material management and procurement experience with managing high volume transaction and forecasting needs / requirements in order to maximize volume discounts with key partners
- Ability to develop and monitor production strategies and performance metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills