Director of Accounting/Controller
The Director of Accounting/Controller will manage all finance and accounting functions for OCG Companies. This individual will oversee all financial, administrative, budgeting processes, and internal controls. OCG Companies is a commercial construction (and ancillary services) company that is on pace to surpass $50M annual revenue. You will report directly to the President of the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Design, implementation and maintenance of accounting processes and internal controls.
· Management and oversight of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and support staff.
· Responsible for working directly with the billing department and providing support to meet customer-specific requirements.
· Prepare and publish timely and accurate monthly financial statements.
· Responsible for using financial data to identify areas of concern and opportunity for further consideration and to recommend data driven action plans.
· Maintain responsibility for the accounting IT systems.
· Support management team with customer presentations and meetings.
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting.
· Candidate must possess a minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
· Successful candidates must be able to compile monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and operating information, along with ensure the accuracy and integrity of all financial reports and internal control requirements.
· The ability to plan, direct, and organize accurate and timely reporting of financial information as well as the ability to analyze and investigate variances in assumptions.
· Responsible for responding effectively to changing demands.
· Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and QuickBooks is required.
· Relevant experience in the construction industry is a plus.
· CPA, preferred.
OCG Companies company values include:
· Safety 360: Safety for you and all those around you (physical, psychological and cyber)
· People First: People are our business
· Customer Focus: We are not satisfied until our customers are satisfied
· Excellence: In everything we do
· Accountability: If we say it, we do it
· Adaptability: We can always find a way