We are seeking a Compliance Manager to join our Cannabis team. The Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring that our cultivation and distribution are operating in compliance with all state and local ordinances, rules, and regulations. THIS PERSON MUST HAVE A STRONG UNDERSTANDING OF CHEMISTRY AND AGRICULTURE AND THE INTERPLAY WITH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN TESTING REQUIREMENTS.
As the Compliance Manager you will:
- Manage the internal compliance function, including inventory and audit controls.
- Monitor compliance systems to ensure their effectiveness.
- Create and maintain compliance checklists for all business units
- Monitor state and local laws pertaining to operations and ensure compliance with such laws and update compliance documentation and processes as legislation and regulations change.
- Work with functional leaders to ensure information is communicated and are properly informed of changes to regulations, policies, and procedures in their respective areas.
- Assist with training needs of individual departments
- Identify issues, analyze current business methods and provide suggestions to ensure the company maintains compliance with local and state laws.
- Manage the implementation of compliance-related policies and procedures throughout the operating units.
- Send weekly reports to management with current compliance issues, recommendations, and regulatory updates
- Identify modifications to current processes and procedures, changes, and new processes and procedures that need to be put in place.
- Document all changes into training manuals and SOPs
- On an ongoing basis assist with periodic checks to ensure all employees are performing processes/procedures accurately.
Experience and skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree required, DEGREE IN CHEMISTRY OR OTHER RELATED SCIENCE HIGHLY PREFERRED.
- 3-5 years of related experience in a regulated industry such as healthcare, biotech, tobacco or pharmaceuticals preferred
- Minimum 1-year experience working in the Cannabis Industry
- Proficient understanding of METRC
- Legal mindset, ability to read and understand laws, ordinances, rules and regulations
- Ability to explain regulations in a way that will be understandable to front line employees.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment
- Experience with Cannabis industry required
- Effective time-management skills and the ability to multi-task
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year